• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 penny DDO-024
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Found this , thinking it's a ddo 024. It might be different, but almost looks like a match. A nother worn coin apologies. Any opinions would be helpful thanks. 

20231205_090429.jpg

20231204_200136.jpg

20231204_200701.jpg

20231204_200740.jpg

My bad, I was only looking at the photo with the doubled eye. I went back in and clicked on the photo and seen more to the description of the 024. Hmmm like I said I'm learning. I'm a little slow but I'm catching on. Thanks 

So this wouldn't be a doubled die. If it was, it would have to have markers to prove it. There's alot to doubled dies. Hmmm 

Typically, all varieties produced across all coin series have some type of die marker associated with it which helps identify the variety but also can be used to determine what state the die was in when the coin was struck. As in a die that is producing a variety begins to wear and may develop a die crack or other gouges or chips in a later state that can also be used as markers. 

Checking Variety Vista, being your coin is more worn, checking the reverse, the die crack markers are not present but those are listed under the late die stage (C). Early (A) and mid (B) stages are unconfirmed so it is difficult to tell if your coin is from an early die stage unless the reverse cracks span the entire obverse and reverse stages. I would lean to say that there may not have been as many reverse die cracks as the late stage (C) but that there were some, and this obverse variety developed during both the obverse and reverse dies breaking down from wear so I would lean to say this is not a DDO.