• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950-D penny RPM
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I believe this is a rpm. My question, would it be a horizontal rpm. Can't find nothing on this. I'm just searching and comparing other horizontal rpms to get the idea what one looks like. I have a little idea, but wanted to get others opinions. Thanks 

20231204_165254.jpg

20231204_165005.jpg

20231204_165118.jpg

20231204_165159.jpg

You should know the drill by now, please ignore posts by dprince.  That is not a CONECA RPM-003 or a match with any of the other dozens of RPMs listed on VarietyVista.com or DoubledDie.com.  Looks it's likely just a small die chip at the mintmark.

While I know you're enjoying the search for these RPMs and DDO, DDRs but I just want to let you know that many of these coins are in terrible condition. The condition of the coin still matters with these coins as well. Only extremely rare examples are valuable in very worn conditions. Error coins in bad worn condition are worth just a few bucks/ cents more than a normal worn coin. No premiums here. Keep looking and enjoying the search but please don't get too excited as these coins are not especially rare in these conditions. Cheers

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 12/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

While I know you're enjoying the search for these RPMs and DDO, DDRs but I just want to let you know that many of these coins are in terrible condition. The condition of the coin still matters with these coins as well. Only extremely rare examples are valuable in very worn conditions. Error coins in bad worn condition are worth just a few bucks/ cents more than a normal worn coin. No premiums here. Keep looking and enjoying the search but please don't get too excited as these coins are not especially rare in these conditions. Cheers

Thank you,  just something I enjoy doing. Not trying to make big bucks. Just showing there still out there,  and what keeps it interesting to be in the Hobby. It's a very good learning resource about coins, history ect...

I'm not seeing the same characteristic of a D over horz D on this one. While there is something there to mimic the condition, I am not seeing the same elements as its closest could only be the 003 but I am not seeing the things that need to match so I would agree there is metal displacement from a hit at the top of the D. Remember these bronze cents are softer metal and hits can easily displace some of the metal.