• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins Photographed with iPhone 15 Pro
2 2

13 posts in this topic

[Unsolicited and shamelessly gratuitous comment:  If the venerable seasoned veteran, the one insisting he'd "rather be right, then nice," offers to buy a single raw coin solely on the strength of a photo taken by this newfangled contraption (which likely represents a substantial portion of my annual rent for senior subsidized housing) then, and only then, will you know with certainty that you've got quite a gadget at your disposal.  The gentleman alluded to has reportedly never acquired a raw coin not in-hand and in-person presumably not trusting that sacred duty to any stand-in regardless of reputation, grading-skills, acclaim and prominence and has racked up untold number of frequent-flier and over-the-road miles in his never-ending quest.]

Edited by Henri Charriere
Addition of a word and closing bracket.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:04 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

NIce pics....what's the max resolution of the camera ?  

48 Megapixels. The first 3 here were taken with the 28MM lens. The last picture was taken from a video shot in "cinematic" mode, although I'm not sure which lens is used for that. 

On 11/23/2023 at 2:06 PM, Zebo said:

Why?

The OP seems very pleased with his instrument.

Seeing as how little goes on here without my knowledge and consent 🤣 may we know the reason for your customer dissatisfaction?

On 11/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, dav51 said:

48 Megapixels. The first 3 here were taken with the 28MM lens. The last picture was taken from a video shot in "cinematic" mode, although I'm not sure which lens is used for that. 

What's the pixel size.....8,000 x 6000 or something close to that ?  I have a Galaxy S9 from 2019.....I think mine is 4K... 4098 x 2300 or something like that.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 11/23/2023 at 11:51 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

What's the pixel size.....8,000 x 6000 or something close to that ?  I have a Galaxy S9 from 2019.....I think mine is 4K... 4098 x 2300 or something like that.

Not sure if its the absolute max, but on “main camera”(24mm lens) I am getting 5712 x 4284. Goes down as you use the optical zoom and zoom further in

On 11/23/2023 at 1:06 PM, Zebo said:

Why?

On 11/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Seeing as how little goes on here without my knowledge and consent 🤣 may we know the reason for your customer dissatisfaction?

I just don't like their platform or their products.

On 11/26/2023 at 2:48 PM, powermad5000 said:

I just don't like their platform or their products.

Me neither. Sounds a whole lot better than I simply cannot afford them.  🤣

On 11/23/2023 at 10:41 AM, powermad5000 said:

Those are nice pics, but I will never buy an Apple product.

Odd. I'll never buy anything NOT an Apple product, with the exception of my plain vanilla Ubuntu server box, which my Apple network sees as another Apple product. Reason? They're both Unix variants, while Microsoft (in which I own stock) is their own world.

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/27/2023 at 12:42 PM, VKurtB said:

Odd. I'll never buy anything NOT an Apple product, with the exception of my plain vanilla Ubuntu server box, which my Apple network sees as another Apple product. Reason? They're both Unix variants, while Microsoft (in which I own stock) is their own world.

You're in good company.  Anecdotally, it seems Apple has won over the college-age crowd as well as all the writers and researchers in the NYPL's two enormous reading rooms on the second floor. I am the only person I know with a talk 'n' text only cell. (This comment courtesy of my wife's antique [Gen Negative 3] android].