• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 & 2008 President Gold coins
1 1

8 posts in this topic

First, they are not gold, they are a copper alloy.  
Also, you do realize that it costs $55-60 minimum all in to have a coin graded   
when what you have are worth 1 dollar each.

On 10/19/2023 at 7:28 PM, Tbayfan8 said:

I have this one, (john quincy adams) (andrew Jackson) (George Washington) (james Madison) (james monroe). Any ideas if they are worth grading. Or are t h ey only worth $1

There is a whole series of Presidential Golden Dollar coins (mixed copper alloy) struck from 2007 to 2016 plus 2020 with various business strikes (P & D marks), proof strikes (S mark) and reverse proof strikes (P or S mark) depending on the president.  The following is a link to a full listing of the Presidential dollars with some ballpark values.

https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/dollars/presidential/

Even in near perfect mint state condition (BU grade), which your coin is not, the business strikes only go for a few dollars each.  The proof (PF) and reverse proof (Rev PF) strikes do go for more, but still not enough for it to be worth grading.

P.S. I am finishing up my Complete Presidential and Innovation dollar sets in BU and PF grades with the 2023 Rev PF Innovation dollars.

I think @Hoghead515 has the same collection, which is not that much to assemble and keep up to date, except for like two of the reverse proof Presidential $1 coins like for the Isenhower Rev PF.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 10/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, Tbayfan8 said:

Any ideas if they are worth grading. 

Just in case you are still unsure from the other replies, no the coins you have are not worth sending in for grading.   You are correct in thinking that each is only worth $1.

Edited by Coinbuf

Typically, only those with edge lettering errors are worth any kind of a modest premium such as the one I have in the picture below. Since there were significant numbers minted of these dollar coins, they must be in top condition to be able to get any kind of a premium in value. I can see a lot of marks on the coin in the photo you provided, so it would not be worth the cost of TPG grading.

PXL_20210626_182308215~2.jpg

On 10/20/2023 at 4:57 AM, Zebo said:

Put them in a Dansco album and use it as a teaching aide

Exactly what i was thinking before i got to the bottom of the page.  fits well in the 8184