• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To this may concern
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Dear Cion Community,

Firstly, let me say that it is with a heavy heart that I write this letter as I am a passionate collector and supporter of everything Cion. However, over the years I have come to realize that there are some people within this community who are not genuine and have not acted in my best interests. 

For instance, on numerous occasions, I have brought a damaged Cion to my local Cion dealer, only to be told that I must send it in to get graded with no guarantees of it being accepted. However, when I found a genuine deal, the very same dealer would tell me that it was the wrong type, or that they did not think it was a good choice. This kind of behaviour is both disappointing and disheartening.

The Cion community is supposed to be a place of support and growth, where we can all come together to share our passion for these incredible collectables. However, when I posted pictures of my damaged Cion to ask for information, I was taken aback by the comments from others within the community. Many of them accused me of making Cions while I was only asking for help and guidance.

This kind of behavior is discouraging!

It is clear that there are some people within this community whose only goal is to deceive and mislead others. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Each Cion, no matter its condition or rarity, should be appreciated and treated with equal respect. Your behavior is a reflection of who you are and is NOT in the interests of promoting the Cion community.

In closing, I would like to say that I still believe in the Cion community, but I will no longer be supporting those who do not act in the best interests of others. Genuine passion and enthusiasm for Cions is the cornerstone of our community and we should all strive to be better individuals and collectors.

Sincerely,

[Dang vang

On 10/9/2023 at 12:40 PM, Dang vang said:

Dear Cion Community,

Firstly, let me say that it is with a heavy heart that I write this letter as I am a passionate collector and supporter of everything Cion. However, over the years I have come to realize that there are some people within this community who are not genuine and have not acted in my best interests. 

For instance, on numerous occasions, I have brought a damaged Cion to my local Cion dealer, only to be told that I must send it in to get graded with no guarantees of it being accepted. However, when I found a genuine deal, the very same dealer would tell me that it was the wrong type, or that they did not think it was a good choice. This kind of behaviour is both disappointing and disheartening.

The Cion community is supposed to be a place of support and growth, where we can all come together to share our passion for these incredible collectables. However, when I posted pictures of my damaged Cion to ask for information, I was taken aback by the comments from others within the community. Many of them accused me of making Cions while I was only asking for help and guidance.

It is clear that there are some people within this community whose only goal is to deceive and mislead others. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Each Cion, no matter its condition or rarity, should be appreciated and treated with equal respect. Your behavior is a reflection of who you are and is NOT in the interests of promoting the Cion community.

In closing, I would like to say that I still believe in the Cion community, but I will no longer be supporting those who do not act in the best interests of others. Genuine passion and enthusiasm for Cions is the cornerstone of our community and we should all strive to be better individuals and collectors.

Sincerely,

[Dang vang

Gaining knowledge is in your best interest. Stick around and learn something, just don't expect anyone to be enamored by fake errors. Error coins are the last thing someone new to the hobby should be collecting, too many pitfalls.  

On 10/9/2023 at 11:40 AM, Dang vang said:

Dear Cion Community,

Sincerely,

[Dang vang

If you want the truth, this is the place to be. You should be ashamed of your post. 

When you make your own errors in the basement and post them here, you get what you got.  Continuously posting vise jobs makes you look less-than-honest, so responses become less than friendly.  I believe that your approach was intentional and the response should have been anticipated.  I love helping new collectors, but when they are disingenuous in their approach, I block the collector and stop engaging.  Sorry to say that I am short on sympathy.

Dang, Vang

Your massege was hurtfelt and heinoust.  But it seems that this Cion Cummonity is not adequate for such an esteamed standuping member as you have so often proven to be.  You have indeed left an indelible mark on this Cion Cummonity.  So, it is with heavy heart and watering eyes that we must bid you adieu.  Gott schütze dich, Bon voyage, Via con Dios, do svidaniya, excetera, excetera, excetera, so on and so forth.  Go you into that good night and brave the good fight for you and only you alone can forge a new path,... or coin. 

P.S.: you have a unique talent for finding the most uniquely erroneous coins, it is almost unnatural, but very unique.

That is simple. It is called block. For someone who comes to this forum where we may seem "harsh" to some people when we tell them the honest, non internet, non YouTube version of what they present, and take offense to such truths, it is called block. There is no need to engage in further conversation and no need to get nasty. As for the OP's dealer, he/she may not be an expert themself or is not being honest to the customers walking in the door. That is also not the fault of the members of this forum.

To the OP, I would find another dealer to go to. Good luck out there!

On 10/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, J P M said:

Not all dealers are numismatics some are just salespersons. 

Particularly on eBay unless it's a reputable dealer like LCR Coin, Apmex, or Northeast who also have a storefront there.

I can’t count the number of times I have seen posts by people here and elsewhere who buy something from a "dealer" on eBay only to find out it's not what was represented or for an outrageous price.

@Dang vang has posted four topics in this forum, not including this one.

In the first topic, entitled "/Sacagawea Golden Dollar Coin" (July 8), he inquired about the different reverse designs of Sacagawea/Native American dollars, which forum members apparently answered to his satisfaction.   

In the second topic, entitled "1 cent" (July 21) and originally posted in the NGC Registry forum, he posted an NGC PhotoVision Plus image of a 2005 Lincoln cent whose obverse bears the reversed and incuse image of what is apparently the reverse of a 2014 Great Sand Dunes quarter! (How could these dies even have been in use at the mint at the same time?) The reverse bears other unidentifiable extraneous impressions. His question was, "What do you guy think about this coin is it resemble to error" [sic]. NGC had, of course, correctly identified this piece as "damaged to resemble error".  After another forum member had identified the cause of the anomaly as a "vice job" in which the Lincoln cent had been intentionally squeezed against the quarter after both coins had left the mint, I commented in a post that this was "a good example of why you should learn how to identify likely genuine and significant mint errors before spending your hard-earned money sending them to grading services" and provided links to a number of educational articles about mint errors on the NGC website and to error-ref.com. He asked no further questions on this topic.

In the third topic, entitled "5 cent" (also July 21) and also originally posted on the NGC Registry forum, he posted photos of a (2005) "Ocean in View" nickel with a reverse bearing the reversed and incuse image of a Lincoln cent Memorial reverse and a seemingly blank obverse. His question was, "Could this be breakages coin"? [sic] Presumably, what he meant was, "Is this coin an example of a brockage?" Two of our more experienced members replied that the coin appeared to have been intentionally altered by squeezing the reverse of a struck Lincoln cent against the Ocean in View nickel.  I stated that "this item does not appear to be a genuine brockage or other mint error and is likely an intentional alteration" and provided a link to the photos and explanations of genuine examples of brockages on error-ref.com.  All of these examples are, of course, of coins struck from dies of the same denomination, as brockages result from struck coins or other material adhering to dies of the same die pair during striking.  He asked no further questions on this topic either.

In the fourth topic, repetitively entitled "1 cent" (July 24), he posted photos of the obverse of a 2018-D Lincoln cent bearing the image (again, telltale reversed and incuse) of the central obverse of a State or National Parks Washington quarter and the question, "what do you think about this coin"? Over the next day, I and four other members identified this as another "vice job" intentionally created outside of the mint.  As it seems beyond the realm of possibility that anyone could "find" this many coins bearing the same types of intentional alterations, I asked him where he had found all of these altered coins and stated that I hoped he was not making them himself. Two other members suggested that this might be the case.  He made no reply until September 29, over two months later, when he posted a series of inarticulate and offensive replies on the fourth topic.

He now contends that he was "only asking for help and guidance" and, if I understand correctly, that we "are trying to deceive and mislead others." We are simply volunteers who donate our time and knowledge to help newer collectors. How did we not provide him with "help and guidance" in providing our unchallenged opinions that his coins were alterations? Did he bother to look at the resources to which I provided links? Did he ask detailed questions to which we could have more directly responded?  There may be a language barrier involved, for which we are not responsible. You have to ask understandable questions for us to be able to answer them. Nor are we responsible for bad advice allegedly given by a dealer. If he had asked us about the altered 2005 Lincoln cent before submitting it to NGC, I would have advised him not to submit it.

If by some miracle he did find all three of these pieces in circulation in their existing condition, I regret any suggestion to the contrary. 

On 10/9/2023 at 9:16 PM, Sandon said:

"What do you guy think about this coin is it resemble to error" [sic]

Just wondering @Sandon, did it make your skin crawl to type this?? :roflmao:

I know you are a stickler like me for proper spelling, grammar and terminology.