• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Additions

15 posts in this topic

Your 1943-S and 1945-D nickels do not have five full steps - according to the photos. (Did ANACS confuse the escalator with regular steps?)  ;)

On 10/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, RWB said:

Your 1943-S and 1945-D nickels do not have five full steps - according to the photos. (Did ANACS confuse the escalator with regular steps?)  ;)

I was trying to take a better picture. I can't get it to focus well enough. The 1943-S does have a shadow or reflection and not that color either. Maybe it's not though I'm sure NGC isn't perfect. ;)

The 1945-D I agree doesn't have full steps. 

On 10/5/2023 at 3:46 PM, NeverEnoughCoins09 said:

I was trying to take a better picture. I can't get it to focus well enough. The 1943-S does have a shadow or reflection and not that color either. Maybe it's not though I'm sure NGC isn't perfect. ;)

The 1945-D I agree doesn't have full steps. 

Well, they are still nice coins and fine additions to your collection. Sometimes we allow these designations, such as FH, full steps, deep belly button, to get too much attention and we ignore a coin's overall quality. SL quarters are one that suffer from misplaced emphasis.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:49 AM, RWB said:

Well, they are still nice coins and fine additions to your collection. Sometimes we allow these designations, such as FH, full steps, deep belly button, to get too much attention and we ignore a coin's overall quality. SL quarters are one that suffer from misplaced emphasis.

Yeah not bad for what I got them for I suppose. I believe I did well on the 1943-S.

The two ANACS I just found interesting. Too bad the quality wasn't the best..

Overall I'm pleased with what I got, could always be better though :grin: unless you have a one of a kind.