• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

19 posts in this topic

October 1st,  I have been roll hunting looking for a 2023 D Nickel with no luck. Today at the grocery store I finally got one in change. It is a piece of junk with to many dings to put in my coin folder but at least it made it to the east coast. There will be more.  

2023 Nickel Reverse.jpg

2023 D.jpg

Edited by J P M

It has always been so hard to find brand new nickels without all the dings and scrapes. Best I have ever been able to do is MS 66 6FS on any of them from cash register change.

On 10/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, powermad5000 said:

It has always been so hard to find brand new nickels without all the dings and scrapes. Best I have ever been able to do is MS 66 6FS on any of them from cash register change.

TPG do not grade Nickels very high anyway. MS 66 is a good grade. I think they are scared to grade them any higher.:roflmao:

On 10/2/2023 at 5:44 PM, J P M said:

TPG do not grade Nickels very high anyway. MS 66 is a good grade. I think they are scared to grade them any higher.

@Lem E showed a recent acquisition of his at MS 67 6FS PL. Amazing coin! I could only wish to find one like that in my change!

On 10/3/2023 at 1:16 AM, powermad5000 said:

@Lem E showed a recent acquisition of his at MS 67 6FS PL. Amazing coin! I could only wish to find one like that in my change!

Ya Lem has some great looking nickels. He has some big registry point coins. 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, powermad5000 said:

I want to say it was a 2017 D. He may have acquired it already slabbed but it is gorgeous!

Thanks. Yea It was already slabbed. All the nice coins come out of the uncirculated sets. As of now I believe there has only been one 2023 submission to NGC for Jeffs and it graded out at 67. Everyone is waiting for the 23 mint set to drop. Then we will see some nice clean ones pop up.

On 10/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks. Yea It was already slabbed. All the nice coins come out of the uncirculated sets. As of now I believe there has only been one 2023 submission to NGC for Jeffs and it graded out at 67. Everyone is waiting for the 23 mint set to drop. Then we will see some nice clean ones pop up.

Ever since @J P M posted I have been looking. I get some new rolls every once and awhile. I don't really collect moderns but maybe I will get into it if I can find some choice ones. Anyone come across the die clashed ones yet?

On 10/6/2023 at 7:46 PM, NeverEnoughCoins09 said:

Ever since @J P M posted I have been looking. I get some new rolls every once and awhile. I don't really collect moderns but maybe I will get into it if I can find some choice ones. Anyone come across the die clashed ones yet?

What Clash is that ?

On 10/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, NeverEnoughCoins09 said:

From what I understand it is by MONTICELLO. Didn't look much into it just came across it. Suppose that's pretty minor though?

Screenshot_20231006_190304_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b609f2a8ade7629f4294b89fe51ee57c.jpg

Yes I have one of those it is a eye clash . On the obverse you may see a line going through the left eye. It is the edge of the step

On 10/6/2023 at 9:08 PM, J P M said:

Yes I have one of those it is a eye clash . On the obverse you may see a line going through the left eye. It is the edge of the step

I dug up some 2021 P Eye clash coins to show the obverse line next to the left eye.

S20231007_0001.jpg

S20231007_0002.jpg

S20231007_0003.jpg

S20231007_0004.jpg

Yes Roll hunting helps for finding the three C's. Those little imperfections ......Clashes,,,Cracks..and,.Cuds,,,,These coins are all 2021 eye clashes. Not a Item worth grading I just label them and put them in a box for another time. 

Clash Coins.jpg

On 10/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, J P M said:

These coins are all 2021 eye clashes

The clashes from the eye seem to be pretty common, including the post from NeverEnoughCoins.