• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
2 2

20 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, J P M said:

I love it..... I had to go to the bank today. I always ask the girls if they have any strange coins they want to get rid of. It is always fun to see what they come up with. This is what I got today.

SBA.jpg

SBA Reverse.jpg

You've dated yourself. If they work in a bank, they're called women. (And the coins -- the business of America being business -- are all circulation strikes.)  :)

On 9/19/2023 at 7:51 PM, Henri Charriere said:

You've dated yourself. If they work in a bank, they're called women. (And the coins -- the business of America being business -- are all circulation strikes.)  :)

Ah but the woman know what these coins are. The younger generation or girls do not see what they are they see them as a problem that no one want's.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:34 PM, J P M said:

Ah but the woman know what these coins are. The younger generation or girls do not see what they are they see them as a problem that no one want's.

True.  They do not want two-dollar bills, dollar- and half-dollar coins.  

Interesting. The tellers at my bank will not do drawer searches, nor will they allow me to cherry pick rolls with certain enders on them. The left hand SBA seems to be in nice shape to boot @J P M with some good luster.

On 9/20/2023 at 12:57 AM, powermad5000 said:

Interesting. The tellers at my bank will not do drawer searches, nor will they allow me to cherry pick rolls with certain enders on them. The left hand SBA seems to be in nice shape to boot @J P M with some good luster.

They will look, if I ask for customer rolls of coins but they are not as plentiful this time of year. Yes that SBA is a keeper it has a nice cartwheel it looks like a 55-58 to me with the rim hits. Still a good quality coin for a 44 year old circulated piece 

sba 1.jpg

sba 2.jpg

Edited by J P M

My bank doesn't like any questions related to coins.. :tonofbricks: Got a couple boxes a few times in a year and then that stopped and then only a limited couple rolls if that..it will be my dump bank if I ever have any luck. Might have to get an account with Chase and bite the bullet on monthly fees (:

On 9/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, J P M said:

Just being nice and my new haircut helps

Hmmm, flirting with the bank girls.  I assume you're married as I think you have mentioned grandkids [as well as coins for your wife], so what does the better half think about that. :grin:

Edited by EagleRJO

On 9/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, J P M said:

LoL it will be 50 years this December

WOW, I guess you found a good one and the secret sauce to keep her happy, like remembering your anniversary (: and buying her stuff such as those British coins occasionally. 😉 

Btw what are you guys planning for the 50th anniversary?  That's a big one!  And lucky for her it's the "Gold" anniversary.

Edited by EagleRJO

Just turned 72 and experienced the Seven-Year-Itch for the first time. Tempus Fugit!  A friend said, "What're ya plannin' on doin' wid all dem Roosters?"  The nerve of him!  One thing for sure: they're NOT going back to France. I'll make that decision, with or without an upgrade, on March 8, 2024 -- exactly five years after I started my collection. Sooner, if my Find of the Day arrives quicker.