• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me identify this coin
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Let me start of by thanking you for taking the time to help me identify this coin I found while cleaning out my late fathers dresser. This is the first time I have ever been on a forum and actually asked a question so please be kind if I have made any mistakes! There seem to be lots of things “not to do” so I will post the pictures and hopefully you guys will give me some information. I’m curious to what the value might be on this as well. I know very little about coins. Thank you again everyone for your time I appreciate any info you can give me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Might be an ancient Greek or Turkish coin, but you need to post cropped pics (like the attached which ends up being a larger image in your post) that also need to be in focus.  Also try getting a little closer to take the pic and rest your hand on something to steady the phone/camera.

In addition, if you measure the diameter within 0.1 mm and the weight within 0.01 grams to post, one of the members like @JKK or @RWB who are more familiar with ancients may be able to help.

Anchient 01 Forum.jpg

Aintieny 02 Forum.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

In addition, please rotate the first one 90 degrees counterclockwise. Almost sure that will align it correctly. When you retake the second, please rotate it 180. 100% sure that'll align it correctly. Decent pics properly aligned, with measurements, and I can look into it.

@EagleRJO, the OP admits he knows very little about coins, so I am sure he does not have a gram scale or a set of calipers. Well, maybe the calipers by his username which I believe to be abbreviated for a Buick GSX-Ram Air (engine builders have calipers but I can bet not a gram scale that reads to the hundredths). 

Also, @JKK, the OP doesn't know which side is obverse or reverse (neither do I), and on either side, which is top and bottom, or up and down (neither do I). Without an image of some type of head or person with a spear or something, I have no idea on ancients what I am looking at. I am glad you are able to at least tell him which way to rotate the coin!!

As for the OP, yes, please repost cropped pics of both sides which are clear and another tip for the photos, keep some good light on the coin and be aware of your body position so your body doesn't make a shadow on the coin when you take the pic.

Thanks a lot for information, was searching for similar one! Before making a decision about a writing service, it's crucial to read essaypro.com reviews. These reviews offer valuable insights into the experiences of other customers and can help you gauge the quality and reliability of the service. Taking the time to read reviews can make a significant difference in choosing the right service for your academic needs.

Edited by adamscotthi