• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Sd dd rm bronze. 3rd ever found. And 1992 close am Ms 68 rd , make me an offer
1 1

50 posts in this topic

What kind of brain misfunction does it require to be a rank beginner and start roll hunting (even worse if not) and believe you have discovered a coin so rare that there are only two known to exist and none SHOULD exist? The hubris is earthshattering. And both were created 41 years ago? Explain that thought process for me.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, VKurtB said:

Fine, you do you. Ima do me.

Knock yourself out, and good luck staying away from stupid with people like the op on the board!.  (:

On 8/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, VKurtB said:

What kind of brain misfunction does it require to be a rank beginner and start roll hunting ... and believe you have discovered a coin so rare that there are only two known to exist

Not to mention there are only 2 found out of over 6 billion 1982-D cents.  It's called you tube.  :insane:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/trollcoin/ 

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, VKurtB said:

What kind of brain misfunction does it require to be a rank beginner and start roll hunting (even worse if not) and believe you have discovered a coin so rare that there are only two known to exist and none SHOULD exist? The hubris is earthshattering. And both were created 41 years ago? Explain that thought process for me.

Haha, I'm a lucky dude. Going to coin shop in the am . Will let everyone know what it is

On 8/29/2023 at 1:50 AM, Stockwiz78 said:

Haha, I'm a lucky dude. Going to coin shop in the am . Will let everyone know what it is

No you won’t. We’ve seen your kind here before. You guys convince yourselves, wrongly, that you’ve found some great rarity. You come on here all full of yourselves, dripping with braggadocio, promise to check in after you have some bozo look at it, and you disappear, only to assume a new ID on the board. I’m sick of it!

On 8/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, VKurtB said:

No you won’t. We’ve seen your kind here before. You guys convince yourselves, wrongly, that you’ve found some great rarity. You come on here all full of yourselves, dripping with braggadocio, promise to check in after you have some bozo look at it, and you disappear, only to assume a new ID on the board. I’m sick of it!

Or come back claiming, with no documentation of course, that the dealer verified it as real and offered some huge amount of money for it!

On 8/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, powermad5000 said:

I can only imagine this is all mechanical doubling based on your claim here. As I said, you lose all credibility here with these statements.

Credibility is sooooo “last century”. All that counts now is looks and clicks. I’m going to barf. 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:36 AM, Stockwiz78 said:

Bottom coin is my 3.11 sd

Sorry those are both Large Dates @Stockwiz78 I took the time out of my day, and took pictures of an 1982 Lincoln Cent Set that I have that shows all SEVEN different varieties of that coin. But here's two pictures to help show you what you have. Hope this clears it up for you.

The close up pictures, the one with the Dot to the right of the "D" Denver Mint Mark is the Small Date.

Happy Hunting ~ TheColoradoNumismatist

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

WIN_20230829_00_04_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230829_00_04_36_Pro.jpg

On 8/28/2023 at 4:59 PM, J P M said:

I think most of these posters know exactly what they have 99 % of the time. They just want to see what they can get away with and what we will say.

That’s why I don’t come on here much anymore… all this “error coin” stuff is ruining these forums we all used chat about the real hardcore numismatic stuff and not dumb parking lot pocket change or made up goofy errors ! 

I don't see this nonsense spewed on daily basic on other coin forums I’m a member of , so why do we see this daily nonsense on here in the newbie section on this forums??? I don’t just get it … Not only that the NGC site been lagging too lately probably overloaded on servers with too many trolls on here posting stupid stuff for like one day , then changing their name to post some more nonsense for next day on and on 

On 8/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, TheColoradoNumismatist said:

Sorry those are both Large Dates @Stockwiz78 I took the time out of my day, and took pictures of an 1982 Lincoln Cent Set that I have that shows all SEVEN different varieties of that coin. But here's two pictures to help show you what you have. Hope this clears it up for you.

The close up pictures, the one with the Dot to the right of the "D" Denver Mint Mark is the Small Date.

Happy Hunting ~ TheColoradoNumismatist

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

WIN_20230829_00_04_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230829_00_04_36_Pro.jpg

Those are some of the best pictures ive seen showing the difference in these. Thanks for sharing. Be very handy for new collectors. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 8/30/2023 at 6:38 AM, Jason Abshier said:

That’s why I don’t come on here much anymore…

For me, it's two things. Has nothing to do with the narcissists; they can be avoided/ignored. Has nothing to do with the trolls, though it's amusing watching the sexism that comes into play. An evident female can get away with a lot more around here, and they know it and take advantage of it. Don't imagine otherwise. They have enough disadvantages in our world, but the compensating advantage is that on balance there's evidence they're smarter than we are and develop a good sense for other compensating advantages. My hat's off to them for resourcefulness, but it's funny watching everyone here holding back where someone posting as CoinGod2023 and bragging about Rare Mint Errors has such a quick hook. Name themselves CoinMisti2023 and they'd get away with more (and not just because almost no women are stupid enough to use a braggarty handle like some males do).

First, the Great Mutilation of merging the US, world, and ancient forums together. This was the biggest mistake the board management ever made. It created a mega-forum that might as well just be called Coins, and made it hard to find the world and ancient stuff amidst all the dopey stuff about small dates and parking lot nickels and Real Rare Vallyouabull Mint Errers is this stamped rong can I ratier now? Bleh.

Second, the way the board logs me out every four days and requires me to relogin. Has been happening since the big migration oh, maybe a couple years back. What this means is that unless I relogin, which I only normally do when I have something to post, all my ignore settings do not kick in, which means that all of the more abominable stuff now shows right back up. I don't see what the board gains from this, but I know it loses a lot of posting from me (perhaps they are happier that way) because I look and say, "Do I care enough to go through this fake logout/new login process this board is enforcing? Why, no. No, I do not. Someone else can help them."

Between those two basically self-inflicted wounds, I just am not on as much.

On 8/27/2023 at 5:35 PM, Stockwiz78 said:

So to all you geniuses dd can occur in any year and when I get a pro to verify my findings I will loan you so bread for a 20%roi and don't be a mouse and bag me for a preditory loan. 

bathroom-knocker.gif

throw-computer.gif

On 8/31/2023 at 11:57 AM, powermad5000 said:

@VKurtB....I am hearing....wait.....crickets.....

Crickets is all that will EVER be heard from the OP, silent variety or lying variety. Where does the hubris come from? The tiny handful number of times OVER 60 YEARS IN THIS HOBBY, that I initially thought I had stumbled on a rare coin, my immediate reaction was, “Wait, that can’t be right.” I can’t fathom these birds who believe they HAVE found something. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/30/2023 at 9:59 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Those are some of the best pictures ive seen showing the difference in these. Thanks for sharing. Be very handy for new collectors. 

There are only two 1982-D copper small date cents to use as examples, with those part of the attached infographic put together for identifying the difference.  This is included in the pinned resources topic, and the op has been repeatedly provided this along with clear descriptions on identifying that rare coin by multiple members in multiple topics about the same coin they keep claiming to have found.

However, the op has repeatedly ignored the information provided, and then decided to fraudulently post the worthless cents they have for sale as being something valuable.  I think they are just trolling members, or as some others have suggested they are possibly just too dense to understand the information provided.

1982 Lincoln Cent Infographic.jpg

1992 1C Wide AM vs Close AM.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, VKurtB said:

... promise to check in after you have some bozo look at it, and you disappear ...

On 8/29/2023 at 3:29 PM, l.cutler said:

Or come back claiming, with no documentation of course, that the dealer verified it as real and offered some huge amount of money for it!

Looks like crickets after the op claimed a few days ago they were going to run down to a dealer the next morning to have it looked at, as I think they know they would be challenged for the dealers' name and to submit it to a TPG if they claimed the bozo verified what they were claiming, ultimately with the same end result of crickets.

After that much bravado how could anyone have the balls to admit they were wrong and stop trolling.

Crickets.gif

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, Stockwiz78 said:

when I get a pro to verify my findings

When you get them slabbed by any of the top four grading services we will happily concede we were wrong.  But I feel very safe in saying we will NEVER have to do so.

I have to wonder if he has the same kind of success picking stocks.

Saw the better date pictures... 100% large date.