• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 d quarter 180 reversed die
2 2

76 posts in this topic

If you look closely in one of the pics you can see the error quarter sitting on my leg looks like a stain but it not it’s my error quarter. That just proves to me that maybe some of you aren’t so right like you think. Lmao. So the quarter with no error I took pictures of its sides and you’re saying that’s fake? I just wanted to double check I read that right. MY QUARTER IS NOT FAKE ITS BEEN VERIFIED BY 3 different coin shops in Slc utah. It’s a real quarter my friends. 

On 9/15/2023 at 6:34 PM, VKurtB said:

I don't mind being labeled some kind of jerk because being a jerk USUALLY proves me correct. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast in numismatics. The guy challenging you all over the place and not spraying sunshine up your you-know-what is gonna be the guy who is right. It's Occam's razor applied. When we see a "perfect" medallic alignment on a modern coin, it's like 1,000 to 1 it's a manufactured fake.

My earlier post was this:

"By the way, I STILL am waiting for a high resolution edge photo. Until I see one, I’m going to assume this is a scam and the coin is a mechanical put-together. Occam’s razor requires that assumption."

Learn it now. There are faaaaaaar more scam coins out there than real rarities. I am NOT here to make people feeeel good. That's what Barney the Dinosaur reruns are for. I'm here to deliver cold hard truth.

On 9/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, VKurtB said:

Good ol' MM is proven to be a dope again.

On 9/15/2023 at 6:51 PM, VKurtB said:

So one thing still bothers me. Did you really NOT show this to dealers in Salt Lake City, or are the dealers you showed it to just incompetent dopes? It has to be one or the other. A BEGINNER could see that is a manufactured fake inside of 5 seconds examination.

Lmao that was a picture of a regular quarter. SERIOUSLY !!!! lol Iloilo😅🤣

On 9/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, J P M said:

From this photo it looks like two coins slapped together in my opinion . Now you say this quarter you posted is not the same quarter we have been talking about ? What is the point of people trying to help you out if you are not honest. Most people post pictures to try to find the truth not to play games. Photo's can be deceiving that is why everyone makes there judgments on what is posted on good faith .It looks to me that this may be a payback thread :facepalm:.     

I thought it was two coins together as well. Which made it look the way others described so they had every reason to call it fake. Photos aren't very clear..It looked like this wasn't going anywhere. If it was a true find cool enjoy your coin.

The reason was to prove a point that sometimes people that think and want to be right all the time aren’t always right. Photos can be deceiving for sure. And it is hard to tell from a picture. It’s the rude comments that get me. Hahaha I told you so type stuff. I’ve had the coin verified I’ve said it over and over again. It’s not fake. If someone wants to see it in person be my guest. Pictures don’t do justice 

You wanted to prove a point by intentionally misleading ppl and posting pics of a different coin, or coins represented as one coin, and then laugh about it when ppl base opinions on that intentionally false information, and then backtrack while trying to laugh it off when the focus shifted to your limited knowledge.

I think the only thing you proved was nobody can believe anything you post now, and are likely not going to be willing to give up their time to help you in the future.  I sure won't, because even though I didn't take the bait I don't like ppl who marvel at their ability to deceive other ppl.

Edited by EagleRJO

I found a coin with a split however metal detecting. Could not get a picture of the edge but it has a major rotation thing happening. It must be some sort of trick coin.

Worth zero unless you know the trick. I'd happily part with it for a penny or nickel I need for my book. No takers I'm sure. 

DSC01772.JPG

DSC01770.JPG

On 9/16/2023 at 2:25 AM, Kassi24 said:

If the price is right I would consider selling it!

I thought earlier you didnt want to sell it. Now no one will believe you after that trick. Even if you were going to sell it on here no one will buy it now. No one will trust you. I was actually hoping you really had one and was very happy for you. 

@edhalbrook, what you are showing is the obverse of a 60's Great Britain Half Penny, and the reverse of a Kennedy Half Dollar. Obviously, not a Mint issue and the result of two coins being sliced and put together. The coin in this thread is a normal obverse and normal reverse of a normal Mint issued quarter. Two totally different things here.

The fact that you are not a coin collector militates in your favor. The seam, or lack thereof, bothers me not in the least, but your handling of the coin does.

There is none than one way to display the edge to an appreciative audience and that is be holding it at the 12 o' clock and 6 o' clock positions while exhibiting the 3 o' or 9 o' clock edges.  If there is one take-away I'd like to see you walk away with from this, or any other, coin forum, it's the.proper way to handle the coin.  It does not matter if the coin is authentic or not. The important thing is to develop a habit of holding or handling coins properly.

One other thing... do not let the reception you received on one thread dissuade you from exercising your right as a dues-paying member from seeking input on another.  We all have good days and bad.  It's the totality of the experience that counts and that comes with experience.  You are always welcome here.  Hell, we'll even leave the light on for you.  :)

On 9/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, Henri Charriere said:

The fact that you are not a coin collector militates in your favor. The seam, or lack thereof, bothers me not in the least, but your handling of the coin does.

There is none than one way to display the edge to an appreciative audience and that is be holding it at the 12 o' clock and 6 o' clock positions while exhibiting the 3 o' or 9 o' clock edges.  If there is one take-away I'd like to see you walk away with from this, or any other, coin forum, it's the.proper way to handle the coin.  It does not matter if the coin is authentic or not. The important thing is to develop a habit of holding or handling coins properly.

One other thing... do not let the reception you received on one thread dissuade you from exercising your right as a dues-paying member from seeking input on another.  We all have good days and bad.  It's the totality of the experience that counts and that comes with experience.  You are always welcome here.  Hell, we'll even leave the light on for you.  :)

Thank you! You’re right I’m not a coin collector never have been. I didn’t know there was a certain way to hold coins. Good to know! I collect other things like hot wheels, comic books, old lunch boxes, and ventriloquist dolls. Not sure why I even noticed the coin even had an error but for some strange reason I looked at my change that day. But thank you for being so nice. Sorry about my ignorance to the proper way of holding a coin. 

C25E6359-1272-450A-A2A1-39DDA2DA648C.jpeg

56425370-6C08-4B6A-A44E-27EB2D2EB498.jpeg

AE91389A-4C05-4D26-8338-649A8F2F21CA.jpeg