• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacagawea error with presidential edge littering
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Was curious to know what constitutes the error and what is on the edge , I'm aware that one was found on a 2007d  but showed no images of the edge or description or the edge lettering . Is it the fact that 13 stars are on the edge or do all sacagewa with edge lettering have the stars like the presidential dollars.  Also was curious If the Washington presidential dollar has stars on its edge lettering ,  im aware there are ones with no lettering but that's it , im understanding that all presidential dollars have the 13 stars with exception to weak, doubling , no edge lettering and 12 stars .  Anyone who can shed  some ligh t on this would be greatly appreciated . 

Edited by Gcoinutt
Added a inquiry

Im not very good with these but I found a cool website that talks about the presidental dollars and also mentions something about how many stars the  Sac dollars have. Hope this helps. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/page33.html&ved=2ahUKEwjV5v3ikf2AAxWtIEQIHYY7BUAQFnoECCoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1EoFduduJI0BSyDD8j1ieC

It also tells which coins errors were found in.

Edited by Hoghead515

I own a 2007 P John Adams Double Edge Lettering Overlapped Error. As far as a list in its entirety of all Sacagawea and Presidential errors, that is more difficult to come by as typically error coins are not logged into grading house systems. @Hoghead515 gave a pretty good link there which was an interesting read to me. Wish I could be of more help, but the answers your questions are unfortunately going to be found in a "bits and pieces" manner from many searches.

There are at least a couple of 2007 Sac dollars with the president dollar edge but they would not have stars on the edge.  In 2007 and 2008 the President dollar edge was Date Mint E PLURIBUS UNUM IN GOD WE TRUST.  In 2009 the motto IGWT was moved to the obv of the coin and was replaced with 13 stars.  The NA dollar series that began in 2009 also had the 13 star edge. lettering.