• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anybody else annoyed by this?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Nearly instantaneous logout when viewing forums. Even after 1 minute I am forced to login on the same device. Couldn’t we have like 5 minutes of idle time before logout.

also lately the server response is much slower than it has been. Sometimes typing lags 3-5 seconds past enter.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Nearly instantaneous logout when viewing forums. Even after 1 minute I am forced to login on the same device. Couldn’t we have like 5 minutes of idle time before logout.

also lately the server response is much slower than it has been. Sometimes typing lags 3-5 seconds past enter.

I’m getting the lag, but not the logout I’m using Safari, the Apple default browser.

I haven't had those issues lately.  Maybe try making sure your browser and OS are updated, and your cache is not cleared every time you close out the browser, but is still periodically cleared.

I have had zero issues, but then again, I log out every time I am done on here. I never leave myself logged in anywhere and I always uncheck the remember me boxes. I have zero lag. I am on an old Hp Envy (from 2016) with Intel Core i5, Win10 and using Edge as my browser. I have AT&T Uverse (will be upgrading to fiber once I am laid off for a longer period of time). I also always do a delete history with full delete at the end of every day and I do a disk cleanup and defrag once a week.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:35 PM, powermad5000 said:

I have had zero issues, but then again, I log out every time I am done on here. I never leave myself logged in anywhere and I always uncheck the remember me boxes. I have zero lag. I am on an old Hp Envy (from 2016) with Intel Core i5, Win10 and using Edge as my browser. I have AT&T Uverse (will be upgrading to fiber once I am laid off for a longer period of time). I also always do a delete history with full delete at the end of every day and I do a disk cleanup and defrag once a week.

I admire your tenacity. 

From watching closely I believe the delays/pausing and other issues are being created by the advertisers load/unload, renew ad, search your browsing history, target your desires and display new ads. I would think that with a paid premium membership to NGC the ads when online, should be totally eliminated allowing members to have “clean sheet” to communicate on the upper tier scale they project.  Not just another average website.  Just a thought.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:44 PM, R__Rash said:

From watching closely I believe the delays/pausing and other issues are being created by the advertisers load/unload, renew ad, search your browsing history, target your desires and display new ads. I would think that with a paid premium membership to NGC the ads when online, should be totally eliminated allowing members to have “clean sheet” to communicate on the upper tier scale they project.

This reminds me of when cable came out. You were supposed to pay so there would be NO ads anywhere on their service because you were paying to not have them. That didn't last very long. And then it turned into packages. And then the channel you really wanted was on the premium platinum premier pinnacle package that cost four times as much as the basic package. And now it has turned into 1800+ channels of ad filled garbage.

FWIW...  an Update. Your experience may vary.

Re: Logging in.  When I type in my User Name, that's enought to elicit immediate recognition. No delays, no lagging. I am welcomed with open arms! "Good morning, sir! Right this way..."

Re:  Server response. Swift? More like Instantaneous!  No delays or lagging, whatsoever.

Is this place great or what?  Thank you, NGC! 🤣