• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very skeptical about Sending My coins to NGC.
2 2

34 posts in this topic

You should not dabble in this early 19th century stuff without the years of trial and error gathered through experience. Many of the so called mint state coins in NGC and PCGS holders have some friction under that tone. Yours is scrubbed or wizzed with AU detail IMO. Send it back if you can before you remove it from the 2 by 2.

i've sent in many coins with repidation. Some came back cleaned, whizzed, color odd, scratches u can't see. My trepidation was that it would come back at a lower grade. The truth hurts if u want to know reality.

Speaking strictly for myself, I was disappointed with most of the grades I got, but I didn't fret and with my limited knowledge of the ins-and-outs of grading -- and lacking a near perfect sample by which to conduct a side by side comparison, I chose to study my slabs closely. Graders have seen many, more coins in my series. For the.most part I accept their verdicts. The least I can do is study the coin more closely and attempt to identify the factors the graders found to be troublesome.

On 8/2/2023 at 10:51 PM, MattGinAZ said:

i've sent in many coins with repidation. Some came back cleaned, whizzed, color odd, scratches u can't see. My trepidation was that it would come back at a lower grade. The truth hurts if u want to know reality.

...if u r getting that many details coins back perhaps u should seek out a knowledgeable collector or dealer in ur area to provide guidance on what u r submitting, perhaps join a local coin club...sending in damaged coins is self defeating, getting coins back where u mite differ on the grade is part of the game...cleaned coins r a valid area for discussion....