• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what are your thoughts on the new titles and photos that have been added above everyone's forum handle

58 posts in this topic

image.png.02f75fed977df897465b1869ca551e88.png

I just noticed this today, do not recall seeing this yesterday when I stopped by the forum.    I cannot click on the symbol but when you hover over it you see a number mine is 10/14, anyone know what the 14 stands for?   It does not seem to corollate to the days won metric or anything else on my profile page that I see.

Edited by Coinbuf

"10/14" is the month and year you signed up. In your case it was October 1914.

Actually, it's the score on the latest NCG quiz....

My "title" says Grand Master, but I thought that only applied to chess.

Edited by RWB

Ridiculous...it's bigger than my Avatar.  What's the purpose ?  If they want something to indicate veteran vs. rookie status or longevity here, that's one thing.

It's like a 2nd avatar.  

Dump it, NGC...please !! (thumbsu

On 5/2/2023 at 3:23 PM, RWB said:

:hi:

th.webp

On 5/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Ridiculous...it's bigger than my Avatar.  What's the purpose ?  If they want something to indicate veteran vs. rookie status or longevity here, that's one thing.

It's like a 2nd avatar.  

Dump it, NGC...please !! (thumbsu

Just a guess but NGC may not have anything to do with it, could be a feature that was automatically added by the software developer. (shrug)

On 5/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I cant see them on my phone. May be where im using a phone instead of a computer. 

They aren't on my phone, but they are on my laptop. (By the way, you have a star, and your title is "Proficient.")

Not crazy about the graphics, but the titles are fine. I like them much better than the "titles" that were on here years ago. Some of those were just plain silly.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:08 PM, jimbo27 said:

I believe it means there are 14 different levels in this badging they are doing. Not everyone joined in 2014.

This could be indeed correct, I just cannot find anything that explains it.   I thought it was on post count, but I see that Larry has fewer posts but is 11/14, so it is not solely on post count.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 5/2/2023 at 4:23 PM, RWB said:

Oops

Edited by Zebo

It's probably very difficult to give meaningful ratings to members. It's a cute symbol, although maybe a bit too large.

Lol, you’ve been weighed, measured and twitterized . At least JP found some kind of connection 😂

Welcome to the A-wokening. 
reminds me of an old song some guys I knew back it the day always played by Frank Zappa.  “It can’t happen here”

or maybe Cyndie’s “true colors shining through”

In all due respect all, Keep up the good work guys! even though there is no longer a reverence to numismatics y’all have tried hard to “hang on to what you’ve got”.  

🫡👍

On 5/2/2023 at 4:22 PM, Coinbuf said:

Just a guess but NGC may not have anything to do with it, could be a feature that was automatically added by the software developer. (shrug)

That's my guess as well. Probably a software update. The rating system is probably something like CU. Points and badges. I can't figure it out.

I just made my 5000th post but my rating did not change.  

On 5/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

image.png.02f75fed977df897465b1869ca551e88.png

I just noticed this today, do not recall seeing this yesterday when I stopped by the forum.    I cannot click on the symbol but when you hover over it you see a number mine is 10/14, anyone know what the 14 stands for?   It does not seem to corollate to the days won metric or anything else on my profile page that I see.

Are you on a PC? I don’t see the numerical scores on a tablet.

I am a Newbie and will remain that way for a long time. LOL 

I like it here better than CU. More relaxed atmosphere, and many of the same folks that I have known for years. 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, Sandon said:

I hope that the administrator explains what the qualifications are for each level.  I had just achieved "Seasoned Veteran" status by reaching my thousandth post, which, of course, says nothing about the significance or quality of those posts.  I've also been on the "Leaderboard" for several months, which should signify something.  However, I'm now listed on this new system as a "Newbie".  Perhaps it's because I've only been active on the chat board since last summer.  However, I've collected coins for 52 years, have been an A.N.A. member for 42 of those years and think that the "Newbie" label will be misleading to those to whom I offer opinions and advice on these forums.

...they r participation trophies...the more u comment the higher ur ratio...even if the multitude of ones comments r stupid, boorish, biased, not humorous, just plain commentinflation or self promotional one gets more points...in reality they add nothing nor mean anything...

I'd be of more help here if I was on my new computer, but right now I'm on my 2011 MacBook Pro (use it in the kitchen), which struggles with the following not working keys: 6 + h y n /.

Even the spacebar doesn't work.

I like the "puzzle" aspect of what might be the "level qualification."

My guess is a multiplicand of years x posts, with bracketed thresholds.

I'll prepare the spreadsheet later today.