• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This has to be embarassing for CSNS

12 posts in this topic

First they charge people for building and submitting educational exhibits.... Then they put a counterfeit on the cover of their 2023 show guide. What kind of "Collector Community" are they building.... Ignorance is Bliss ?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1090879/i-see-fakes-everywhere-or-what-is-that-on-the-central-states-show-guide

CSNSShowGuide2023.thumb.jpg.b3a726650cbd035400c3afa8da94866f.jpg

Edited by RWB

On 4/29/2023 at 4:56 PM, RWB said:

First they charge people for building and submitting educational exhibits.... Then they put a counterfeit on the cover of their 2023 show guide. What kind of "Collector Community" are they building.... Ignorance is Bliss ?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1090879/i-see-fakes-everywhere-or-what-is-that-on-the-central-states-show-guide

The exhibiting story is old (fake) news. There ARE NO educational exhibits this year. The story on having an entry fee is soooo 2022. The Executive Committee of CSNS is figuratively "at war" with one another over Exhibits. Virtually EVERYONE in the exhibiting universe is trying to figure out how to get more people interested in exhibiting without throwing stupid money at it. It's turning out to be a tough slog. The Gen Z attitude about requiring everything to always be positive is ONE big problem. It was never necessary until these new adults came of age.

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/29/2023 at 7:25 PM, Just Bob said:

I wonder if the rest of the coins in the bag are also counterfeit.

Looks like a few German 2 or 3 marks not sure which are sitting at top of the bag they are pretty circulated I don’t know who would waste time counterfeiting a worn German mark 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 4/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, RWB said:

...who cares?...only a minuscule of collectors would care n then only of a certain type of individuals...fake news....

On 4/30/2023 at 6:32 AM, zadok said:

...who cares?...only a minuscule of collectors would care n then only of a certain type of individuals...fake news....

Right now, there are maybe 50-100 active or semi-active competitive exhibitors in existence. Some exhibit EVERYWHERE, but many exhibit only in their home region. Handling a quality exhibit traveling by air is a challenge. Driving or Amtrak is far easier. This is just why I insist ANA shows need to travel around the country. The “home field advantage” is very real and considerable. 

Edited by VKurtB

I found a very similar image for sale at one of the cheap stock photo sites. I didn't bother to search for the exact one (I thought I had found it, but my peeps corrected me ATS).

The site costs $25/month for up to 5 photos.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Right now, there are maybe 50-100 active or semi-active competitive exhibitors in existence. Some exhibit EVERYWHERE, but many exhibit only in their home region. Handling a quality exhibit traveling by air is a challenge. Driving or Amtrak is far easier. This is just why I insist ANA shows need to travel around the country. The “home field advantage” is very real and considerable. 

...i was referring to the counterfeit coin portion of the comment, sorry i did not make my reply clearer...yes i agree that creating n exhibiting a display is burdensome n expensive, i am a past ANA exhibitor myself n am currently working on 3 future displays....