• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

swollen slabs?

9 posts in this topic

I have a slab that seems to have swollen up enough that it will no longer stack with others. Any thoughts on what caused this and should I worry about getting it reslabbed? it is a 1 of 5 top pop. I did try to get a good pic the my skills are poor at best.

IMG_8442.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 9:09 AM, Greenstang said:

Could we see a photo of both sides of the complete slab

On 1/25/2023 at 9:09 AM, Greenstang said:

Could we see a photo of both sides of the complete slab

IMG_8444.jpg

IMG_8443.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 11:43 AM, bsshog40 said:

Stored in a hot environment?? Or got too close to something hot?

it was in a display case perhaps the sun through the window cooked it? the case would get sunlight for a few hours but I have never any other slab do this. Guess its a reslab lol

On 1/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, Darrbaby said:

it was in a display case perhaps the sun through the window cooked it?

Never leave plastic in direct sunlight or in an area that will be heated by the sun :(  yes this can cause serious damage to the plastics.....  just look at your headlights n your car.

I have a few like this, almost definitely caused by heat, although I cannot rule out a bad batch of holders as the culprit too.   And unfortunately the only recourse is to have it reholdered.