• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’ll bet that I am the first on my block to have one.
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, Sandon said:

I'm sure you'll soon have lots and lots of company, if not on your block, then among collectors of modern coins.

It's interesting to note that the 2023s have a round top "3", whereas Silver Eagles of 1993, 2003, and 2013 all have flat top "3"s.

I noticed that Sandon. I got a terrific price on this early production coin.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, Sandon said:

I'm sure you'll soon have lots and lots of company, if not on your block, then among collectors of modern coins.

It's interesting to note that the 2023s have a round top "3", whereas Silver Eagles of 1993, 2003, and 2013 all have flat top "3"s.

Are those anything like the flat top engines they used to put in hot rods?

Well I sure wasn’t expecting coin #1!  A nice perfect coin.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, EagleRJO said:

Interesting that the reverse label includes a blurb about what the "First Strike" means.

FS.jpg

On 1/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, EagleRJO said:

Interesting that the reverse label includes a blurb about what the "First Strike" means.

FS.jpg

Huh, that's the first time I've noticed that on the back of PCGS slabs. I wonder if that is a recent addition? Probably not. (shrug)

On 1/24/2023 at 9:07 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Huh, that's the first time I've noticed that on the back of PCGS slabs. I wonder if that is a recent addition? Probably not. (shrug)

Yea, that is the first time I have seen that too.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 1/24/2023 at 8:53 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Well I sure wasn’t expecting coin #1!  A nice perfect coin.

There were previously questions about what coins qualified for that "First Strike" designation, which was buried a little.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, Sandon said:

...haircut styles change im sure there will soon be a spiked top 3....

On 1/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, EagleRJO said:

Yea, that is the first time I have seen that too.

It has been on the reverse for a while now. I have a 2016 and a2018 with the same label

2016_Full_Obv +.jpg

2016_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by J P M

On 1/24/2023 at 7:59 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Nice Mr. B. :golfclap:

Not your first rodeo, if graded ASE's are your thing no problemo. They are just not mine, anymore. Good luck my friend, you have been given good advice here and ATS, collect what you like. (thumbsu

Same here. I quit buying graded bullion. Very happy for the ones who do though. Ive bout quit buying it altogether. I may go for the proofs from the mint if I do get any.  I dont see anothing wrong at all for the ones who do. I just found other areas in the hobby Im more interested in. I can use that money to focus on them instead. Very nice pickup Mr. Bill !!!