• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signing out of registry to sign in to forum???

15 posts in this topic

This seems to be a glich that has gone on for a long time. I go to the forum and it says I need to sign in. When I click log in, it takes me to the registry page which shows me logged in to. I have not visited the registry and definitely have not logged in to it. So I have to log out of that, go back to the forum page and then it will let me log in. This is very aggravating as it happens quite frequently.  Can something be done about this? 

Edited by bsshog40
Spell check

Well the same problem is still happening. I guess ngc has not had any motivation to fix this issue! Looks like I'll be spending more time ATS! 

This has been an issue for many months, and has been mentioned in several threads. If the web team doesn't know about it by now, it is because they are not paying attention.

I think the solution that was suggested was to clear your cache every now and then. 

On 12/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, bsshog40 said:

This seems to be a glich that has gone on for a long time. I go to the forum and it says I need to sign in. When I click log in, it takes me to the registry page which shows me logged in to. I have not visited the registry and definitely have not logged in to it. So I have to log out of that, go back to the forum page and then it will let me log in. This is very aggravating as it happens quite frequently.  Can something be done about this? 

BSS, what I have had to do is open a NEW incognito window in Chrome and login from there.  What is unusual is that my Login and PW are remembered there but I bypass that automatic registry login thing.

It has something to do with a software glitch, cookies, and other stuff that is beyong my pay grade.xD  But doing the Incognito Window thing has NEVER failed to get me back in.

Actually, since I have DOZENS of tabs open in my normal Chrome browser having the Incognito setup is useful -- I use it only for ProFootballTalk.com and my coin websites (NGC, CT, GC, HA, etc.).  So usually 4-8 tabs open.  If I have to kill the Incognito Window there's nothing critical like my normal Chrome Window where I have websites I can't remember (there are probably 30-40 tabs !! xD ) plus where I left off.  Between the New Chrome and Windows 10, I haven't lost any of those webpages like I used to in the past without bookmarking all the tabs periodically.

I noticed that Windows 10 also automatically remembers your last-opened PDFs, Excel, and Word documents, FWIW.  Great improvements ! (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 2/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, bsshog40 said:

Even after a site maintenance,  the sign in process still hasn't changed. I guess this is an issue that ngc just doesn't care about!!! 

Or might be a bit tricky on their part. Since killing the existing Incognito Window (but NOT my main Chrome Window) solves the problem, it hasn't been a killer issue for me, BSS.

Try the Incognito Window in addition to your normal Window. (thumbsu

On 12/24/2022 at 9:22 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Looks like they are back, the PMG Forums!:banana:

I didn't even know about them until last year I think !!  Haven't been there in a long time, I'm gonna have to go back.

The Coin Section at NGC should have a tab at the top to remind us about the other sections !! xD

On 2/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I didn't even know about them until last year I think !!  Haven't been there in a long time, I'm gonna have to go back.

You haven't missed much, I spoke too soon on Dec. 24th the PMG forum went dark again that same day and only recently was fixed. The PMG forum was essentially down from mid December until early February. :pullhair:

On 2/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

The Coin Section at NGC should have a tab at the top to remind us about the other sections !! xD

100%!!!!!!

On 2/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

BSS, what I have had to do is open a NEW incognito window in Chrome and login from there.  What is unusual is that my Login and PW are remembered there but I bypass that automatic registry login thing.

It has something to do with a software glitch, cookies, and other stuff that is beyong my pay grade.xD  But doing the Incognito Window thing has NEVER failed to get me back in.

Actually, since I have DOZENS of tabs open in my normal Chrome browser having the Incognito setup is useful -- I use it only for ProFootballTalk.com and my coin websites (NGC, CT, GC, HA, etc.).  So usually 4-8 tabs open.  If I have to kill the Incognito Window there's nothing critical like my normal Chrome Window where I have websites I can't remember (there are probably 30-40 tabs !! xD ) plus where I left off.  Between the New Chrome and Windows 10, I haven't lost any of those webpages like I used to in the past without bookmarking all the tabs periodically.

I noticed that Windows 10 also automatically remembers your last-opened PDFs, Excel, and Word documents, FWIW.  Great improvements ! (thumbsu

Ya, I do everything on my phone as we don't have wifi. The only bad thing about using incognito is it hides my other pages that I have open in regular chrome. I would have to use incognito for everything. Don't care for that. Thanks for info tho'. It would be much simpler if ngc could just fix the problem. This is the only website I use that has this problem!