• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need talked out of this coin

11 posts in this topic

I think I already know what the answers will be but need opinions about the nick on the edge of coin between the P and L on the obverse. Question is would it get details grade.  Thanks to all who reply. All photos are sellers.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

Edited by jimbo27

I don't recall ever seeing a slabbed coin that was either missing a piece of the coin from the edge or with that heavy of a hit there like that.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 11/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, Coinbuf said:

70/30 it grades fine, it could result in a detail grade, but I doubt it.    I would bet that in hand it is far less obvious, the black background is really making it look more dramatic.

You might be right with that black background.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:28 AM, jimbo27 said:

The listing ended Saturday night with no bids ... they wanted an arm and leg

Let me guess ... it probably was bid on eBay.  I gave up bidding/buying there for the time being as almost all on the coins for auction/sale had ridiculously high reserves or asking prices with totally stale listings, or were total garbage with some counterfeits.  I switched to bidding coins on Great Collections mostly, and some on Heritage Auctions.