• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BamPaws Gold CC's...as requested

14 posts in this topic

Have a pile of raw Morgans to go through also, maybe a couple hundred...a bunch of graded non-CC's too. A few ungraded Peace's...

Hey Kentucky...have some elder kin from Louisville... or Lewyville as pronounced...stayed out that way as a kid, couple of summers or so...if you're looking, will go through he pile and see if somethings there worth trading' for...most of this pile is going to end up with the young un's. Planning on making some pirate chest's, some ol' looking maps, hiding them out around the lake, spend part of the summer on the pontoon and kayaks chasing "pirate treasure". 

Nice coins.....Carson City coins have been hot for 2 years now. 

You can't touch Liberty Double Eagles without Big $$$ or if you really go down in grade for one of the more-populous types. 

Edited by GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969..BamPaw clarification... in the introductory to post in the Newbie forum there is a reference to BamPaw, inferring a general reference to a family entity who may or may not have been a family "expert" on numastics. That stuck with me as I have gone through the collection. Hence BamPaw's collection. In my particular situation, I just opened a box and now have stack of St. Gaudians. There are only three lower grade Liberties.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, Liam ll said:

I just opened a box and now have stack of St. Gaudians. There are only three lower grade Liberties.

Got it....and it's Saint-GAUDENS. xD

Congratulations on your little stash.  Nice coins !  (thumbsu

On 10/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, Liam ll said:

Have a pile of raw Morgans to go through also, maybe a couple hundred...a bunch of graded non-CC's too. A few ungraded Peace's...

Hey Kentucky...have some elder kin from Louisville... or Lewyville as pronounced...stayed out that way as a kid, couple of summers or so...if you're looking, will go through he pile and see if somethings there worth trading' for...most of this pile is going to end up with the young un's. Planning on making some pirate chest's, some ol' looking maps, hiding them out around the lake, spend part of the summer on the pontoon and kayaks chasing "pirate treasure". 

I live bout an hr and a half from Louisville. We work there all the time.  That pirate chest sounds like a very good idea. That would be alot of fun for the youngins. 

I’m not much of a gold collector but seeing that 1859 Charlotte Mint coin is pretty cool. Looks like an amazing collection to be able to see in hand. Have fun and enjoy the journey. 

On 10/15/2022 at 1:59 AM, Lem E said:

I’m not much of a gold collector but seeing that 1859 Charlotte Mint coin is pretty cool. Looks like an amazing collection to be able to see in hand. Have fun and enjoy the journey. 

I was at a coin shop 5miles south of Charlotte last spring . They had about a half dozen Charlotte Mint AU and MS coins to drool over. Big Bucks . Not that they were better coins it's just you don't see them very often.