• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 Roosevelt Dime silver proof DDO?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello again, I found this when i first started collecting about 1.5 years ago I'm pretty sure it's doubled would like your opinions. And before someone says OMG the glare and lighting, please remember I'm a Power Lineman not a Photographer lol. Thanks 

WIN_20220703_21_09_21_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_21_10_55_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_21_18_59_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_21_14_53_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_20_56_41_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_21_04_09_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220703_21_03_55_Pro.jpg

It sure looks good to me. More qualified people will be on here soon to confirm it or deny it. But I really think it is one myself. But Ive been wrong before. Nice find if it is.  Did you check anywhere else to see if theres any more found to compare it to? 

It is so hard to tell on proof coins if it is a double or a reflection. And dimes are notorious for having MD You have to look at the coin on so many different angles. I have seen the doubling disappear in the right light. 

OMG the glare and lighting, :roflmao:sorry couldn't help myself.   The split serifs are interesting, and I want to say yes but I'm thinking it could be some die erosion effects.   VV has no listing for any DDO for this date, have you tried posting this on the CONECA forum to get feedback there?

On 7/3/2022 at 10:14 PM, Hoghead515 said:

It sure looks good to me. More qualified people will be on here soon to confirm it or deny it. But I really think it is one myself. But Ive been wrong before. Nice find if it is.  Did you check anywhere else to see if theres any more found to compare it to? 

Thanks for the reply 

On 7/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, Coinbuf said:

OMG the glare and lighting, :roflmao:sorry couldn't help myself.   The split serifs are interesting, and I want to say yes but I'm thinking it could be some die erosion effects.   VV has no listing for any DDO for this date, have you tried posting this on the CONECA forum to get feedback there?

Lol got me on that one. I checked VV Wexlers, and anything else I could find. Coneca was my next stop. 

On 7/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, blinewalker said:

Lol got me on that one. I checked VV Wexlers, and anything else I could find. Coneca was my next stop. 

I'm hoping for you that you have a new discovery, please update with any information/feedback you receive on this coin.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:55 AM, blinewalker said:

I sure will, I'll be sending it to Wexlers this week. Thank you 

Good luck.  That would be cool. Hope you have one. Keep us updated.