• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Negro League Baseball Silver Proof with Privy Mark
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I just received this coin from the US Mint and it’s quite disappointing. Not only are there scratches near the baseball on obverse, but what are the long splotches near the pitchers legs. Minor scratch and unusual indentation on reverse. Milk spots or other?

4444BAA4-AEBF-4250-BD72-2BCCEFD01D85.jpeg

3B43DB0A-0546-419E-87C6-DDCFEBAAAA40.jpeg

Edited by Walter Holmes
New info, correct spelling

But...but ...they all have a "CAC" approval on them -- so they must be valuable.

I understand from a local historian that when the Negro Leagues played games in the old Griffith Stadium in Washington DC, the toilets were locked. When the American League teams played, the toilets were unlocked.

[Well....it seemed appropriate given the "privy mark" comments.]

Edited by RWB

Their hair is on fire over on pcgs forum.  One after another with problems. One of the regular folks said they have personally seen almost 100 privy’s and they are not looking good. 
   I got a rather magnificent one but had to clean the coin and capsule with air to remove lint and odd crumbs.   
    They are available right now and have been up all dang day on the mint website.  😉🙀🦫

On 5/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, RWB said:

Maybe Mint packaging machines are working really, really hard and even through their lunch -- hence, the crumbs. :)

Nah, there were reports that some of the wild velour pelts that came in from the Mint’s private hunt had “foreign matter” in them. I told them they need to steam clean those things before cutting them to size.