• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Variety "Pierced Cheek" 2021P Jefferson Nickel
2 2

61 posts in this topic

Not a die crack but a die gouge makes this a new variety. Didn't know Jefferson was into body piercings... Even looks like the pin has a head on it in his cheek.

Screenshot_20220430-184458_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220430-184412_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Errorists

On 5/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Errorists said:

Yeah but I posted it wrong.. This one is more definitive..

Oh it’s definitive all right. 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:27 PM, Errorists said:

So you think it's a die crack?

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but there is absolutely no way I could ever personally care less. However, you asked, so you deserve an answer, not because I care, but because you do. 

Look where that “line” is, and more importantly, is not. It is ONLY on the field, the VERY HIGHEST POINT on the die. It does not appear on any legend or device. This eliminates a die crack, period. It is one of two things - a very week and shallow scratch or a remnant of earlier damage to the die (such as dropping something on it) that has partially resolved itself through die use and wear. 

Either way, for me, “ho hum” /Yawwwwn. 

If stuff like this floats your boat, go at it. It’ll never be mainstream. If it ever gets there, I won’t need to be “put down”; I’ll do it myself. 

Nickel, not nickle. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, VKurtB said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but there is absolutely no way I could ever personally care less. However, you asked, so you deserve an answer, not because I care, but because you do. 

Look where that “line” is, and more importantly, is not. It is ONLY on the field, the VERY HIGHEST POINT on the die. It does not appear on any legend or device. This eliminates a die crack, period. It is one of two things - a very week and shallow scratch or a remnant of earlier damage to the die (such as dropping something on it) that has partially resolved itself through die use and wear. 

Either way, for me, “ho hum” /Yawwwwn. 

Very good not a die crack. I was thinking the same. Die scratch or gouge. 

On 5/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Dear Gawd; will this ever end?    :facepalm:

Of course it will when the Mint stops making mistakes. Sheeez.

Edited by Errorists

An aside --- "Jefferson Nickle." There are "Jefferson Nickels" but no "nickles" running about.

;)

On 5/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, RWB said:

An aside --- "Jefferson Nickle." There are "Jefferson Nickels" but no "nickles" running about.

;)

Either spelling is correct.. :)

On 5/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, RWB said:

Edited by Errorists

On 5/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, Errorists said:

Either spelling is correct.. :)

Nope. "Some dictionaries" does not make it a correct spelling.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, Errorists said:

Ya'll just can't help yourselves.. Correct?

It actually goes to the fundamental issue you have, and that drives serious collectors nuts. 

Just because someone says something does not make it true

This is particularly true of random web pages and "error" coin resources. I have a website and I could easily say the actual correct spelling is Nikle. Would that make it true? Same with what some random person writes about a coin. This is a very basic concept that I really think could change your life. And make ours better because you would stop with the cr@p no one cares about other than you. 

Edited by Woods020

On 5/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, Woods020 said:

It actually goes to the fundamental issue you have, and that drives serious collectors nuts. 

Just because someone says something does not make it true

This is particularly true of random web pages and "error" coin resources. I have a website and I could easily say the actual correct spelling is Nikle. Would that make it true? Same with what some random person writes about a coin. This is a very basic concept that I really think could change your life. And make ours better because you would stop with the cr@p no one cares about other than you. 

Your avatar is taking a cr@p..

No die gouge or scratch will ever be a variety in my book nor should it be in anyone else's. At best it's a means of identifying a die paring and/or state. If collecting minutiae is your thing great, just don't expect anyone else to jump off that cliff with you. 

On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

No die gouge or scratch will ever be a variety in my book nor should it be in anyone else's. At best it's a means of identifying a die paring and/or state. If collecting minutiae is your thing great, just don't expect anyone else to jump off that cliff with you. 

I'll stick with NGCs book. TYVM..

Screenshot_20220505-064650_Chrome.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 7:47 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Another 'Fantasy' coin as posted on You Tube.  Stack's can't wait to get their hands on this   :roflmao:

And where's that YouTube link? Lol.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:23 AM, Errorists said:

And where's that YouTube link? Lol.

I keep telling you it should be renamed YouRube. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:47 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Another 'Fantasy' coin as posted on You Tube.  Stack's can't wait to get their hands on this   :roflmao:

How many skips on a lake could I get carefully sidearming this baby out there?

On 5/5/2022 at 12:50 PM, VKurtB said:

How many skips on a lake could I get carefully sidearming this baby out there?

How much does the kiddy pool overflow when you plop your big butt in it?

On 5/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, Errorists said:

How much does

it take for you to stop making a fool out of yourself.  no one is impressed with this , junk, pocket change you keep posting stupid, poorly taken, pictures of?  No one is impressed.

:screwy:

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, Errorists said:

How much does the kiddy pool overflow when you plop your big butt in it?

I’m 6’2” and 185 lbs. at age 66, pal. How are YOUR numbers?

On 5/5/2022 at 2:23 PM, Alex in PA. said:

it take for you to stop making a fool out of yourself.  no one is impressed with this , junk, pocket change you keep posting stupid, poorly taken, pictures of?  No one is impressed.

:screwy:

Wait, I’m impressed, impressed with the ease with which he illustrates what has gone badly wrong with this hobby. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m 6’2” and 185 lbs. at age 66, pal. How are YOUR numbers?

I bet you are a real Ninja Warrior too..

Edited by Errorists

On 5/5/2022 at 2:56 PM, Errorists said:

I bet you are a real Ninja Warrior too..

Nah, Teutonic, not Asian.