• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Morgan's
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Looks good to me.  All the San Fran Mint's coins were nice.  I believe nicer than the CC, O and P Mints.

Edited by Alex in PA.
Spelling (as usual)

1879 -1881 produced  in San Francisco have strong strikes and sharpness. Although common, these are usually  beautiful coins  with original mint luster and mint frost. Eye appeal is very pleasant. I particularly like the sharpness of the inscriptions and denticles. Very nice coin. Now your spoiled, every other year and mint you look at will always be compared to your San Francisco. There is a huge difference in strike between yours  and any from the New Orleans mint. Enjoy!

On 4/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, Walter Holmes said:

1879 -1881 produced  in San Francisco have strong strikes and sharpness. Although common, these are usually  beautiful coins  with original mint luster and mint frost. Eye appeal is very pleasant. I particularly like the sharpness of the inscriptions and denticles. Very nice coin. Now your spoiled, every other year and mint you look at will always be compared to your San Francisco. There is a huge difference in strike between yours  and any from the New Orleans mint. Enjoy!

I agree Walter, I have a lot of Morgan's in higher grades than this coin that do not have a DML field like this one has the cartwheel affect is quite nice on this piece. The photo does not do it justice.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:19 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I agree Walter, I have a lot of Morgan's in higher grades than this coin that do not have a DML field like this one has the cartwheel affect is quite nice on this piece. The photo does not do it justice.

I went to a card show to buy a Lion Daalder, couldn’t resist this one. My wife rolled her eyes and asked if I was tired of buying a coin from the same mint and year. I shrugged. Lol

F5ECAC45-A04E-41A1-9D33-896424C8218C.jpeg

C6C85F20-4BCB-49ED-93A2-33D1995A2724.jpeg

On 4/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, Walter Holmes said:

I went to a card show to buy a Lion Daalder, couldn’t resist this one. My wife rolled her eyes and asked if I was tired of buying a coin from the same mint and year. I shrugged. Lol

F5ECAC45-A04E-41A1-9D33-896424C8218C.jpeg

C6C85F20-4BCB-49ED-93A2-33D1995A2724.jpeg

I have a feeling you may have paid a little more for your coin. It is very nice 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:34 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I have a feeling you may have paid a little more for your coin. It is very nice 

I’m a tough negotiator, I just didn’t have a “+”” in my collection yet. I like my 63 just as much if not more. It has a lot of character.😊