• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 D nickel, is this a error ??
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Sorry Dejone.. Looks like a parking lot coin to me. Maybe even a snow plow parking lot coin. We could give it a designation like SPPLC.. Once global warming takes over they will be hard to find. 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Sorry Dejone.. Looks like a parking lot coin to me. Maybe even a snow plow parking lot coin. We could give it a designation like SPPLC.. Once global warming takes over they will be hard to find. 

It's not any scratches on the coins looks like the lines were printed on the coin

On 4/18/2022 at 8:01 PM, Lem E said:

I wondered about this when I first saw it.

That was my thinking also. Couldnt really tell by the pics but when I looked closely it looked like toned streaks where it wasnt annealed properly or something. Didnt look like abrasion or scratches.  

Edited by Hoghead515

Can you post some close ups of the lettering? I want to see how the lines go under/over/or within the letters. I think that will tell us a lot. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:56 PM, Dejone Maxwell said:

It's not any scratches on the coins looks like the lines were printed on the coin

So is it more like someone put a varnish or shellac on it I have seen that before? Maybe a angle shot would give a better look at it?

On 4/18/2022 at 9:41 PM, Woods020 said:

Can you post some close ups of the lettering? I want to see how the lines go under/over/or within the letters. I think that will tell us a lot. 

Took better pictures replaced the old ones

On 4/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, J P Mashoke said:

So is it more like someone put a varnish or shellac on it I have seen that before? Maybe a angle shot would give a better look at it?

Took better pictures replaced the old ones

On 4/19/2022 at 8:27 AM, Just Bob said:

Looks damaged.

Yup, the beat up rim is the giveaway. 

I agree. Another dead give away, atleast in my head, is the lines involve the letters. If it was an annealing issue the lines wouldn't go through the raised devices like that.