• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969-D potential new DDO discovery?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

@GBrad It looks good and I think there is a very good possibility as a new DDO.   The mm is the only thing that gives pause as it does not look to be an RPM to me.   Have you posted it on the CONECA forum yet for any feedback?

Nice to see you are well.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

@GBrad It looks good and I think there is a very good possibility as a new DDO.   The mm is the only thing that gives pause as it does not look to be an RPM to me.   Have you posted it on the CONECA forum yet for any feedback?

Nice to see you are well.

Hey Coinbuf. First of all thank you and nice to be back here with you guys.  I have not posted this coin aanywhere else except here.  The RPM was a potential bonus but without the coin in hand, I cannot tell for sure.  I believe the date is a winner on this one and LIBERTY may be too. Hopefully my friend may have found a first for this year and mint.  

I have sent in several other coins to be attributed but never a modern Cent.  Do you know who attributes Cents these day?  I know Brian Ribar does Wexler's DD's for Nickels and Dan Griffin does Wexler's RPM's but I'm not sure who this would need to go to if submitted for attribution.  Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome back Greg, It is hard to see the Liberty, The L looks odd and are there splits on the E and T ? I love the 9 tails for sure that's cool. I hope it gets a new listing.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Welcome back Greg, It is hard to see the Liberty, The L looks odd and are there splits on the E and T ? I love the 9 tails for sure that's cool. I hope it gets a new listing.

Thank you JP, I appreciate it.  Splits on LIBERTY are difficult to see in the pic but I believe they are there.  Still waiting on some better pictures of those areas.    

On 4/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, RWB said:

Tails of 9s and 6 all have splits -- very likely a doubled die. Definitely clearer than the very minor ones usually seen. Got to check my old 1969 rolls.

Thanks Roger.  I believe this one is going to pass the test. 

On 4/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Looks good to me brother. 

Thanks! If only it was my coin....argh.... It's all good though. I am more than glad to help out a friend, and fellow collector, in potentially having a new variety listed.  

Edited by GBrad

On 4/17/2022 at 9:11 PM, GBrad said:

Hey Coinbuf. First of all thank you and nice to be back here with you guys.  I have not posted this coin aanywhere else except here.  The RPM was a potential bonus but without the coin in hand, I cannot tell for sure.  I believe the date is a winner on this one and LIBERTY may be too. Hopefully my friend may have found a first for this year and mint.  

I have sent in several other coins to be attributed but never a modern Cent.  Do you know who attributes Cents these day?  I know Brian Ribar does Wexler's DD's for Nickels and Dan Griffin does Wexler's RPM's but I'm not sure who this would need to go to if submitted for attribution.  Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I would post it on the CONECA forum, if they are not able or willing to attribute this Lincoln cent then hopefully they can provide some insight as to who would.

Come on GBrad, come back home. Don't forget where you were raised. Lol. Let us know how this one turns out, and your other discoveries as well. You've got a lot going on. Good luck Detective Bradford.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:19 AM, ronnie stein said:

Come on GBrad, come back home. Don't forget where you were raised. Lol. Let us know how this one turns out, and your other discoveries as well. You've got a lot going on. Good luck Detective Bradford.

Hey Ronnie!  Glad to be back here chatting with my "buds".  I do have A LOT going on these days in every aspect of life.  Going to try to spend more time here on the forum; A place I will always call "Home".  I would never turn my back on this forum even though I am not as involved as I once was (hopefully that will change).  I have made too many valuable friends and connections here that I hold dear to my heart.  Thanks my friend!

On 4/23/2022 at 3:36 PM, tj96 said:

@GBrad I like it as well.  Do you think your friend will submit it to a TPG'er?

Hey TJ.  Yes, he is in the process of trying to see who will take this thing for attribution.  I actually just got done talking with him about submitting it sooner than later.  I will keep everyone posted as to what the outcome is for him (that may be a month or so...... as usual).  Thanks!