• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys, not a U.S. coin collector and this has been offered for trade

9 posts in this topic

Welcome.  
 I’m not sure where to start. First, you probably shouldn’t hold a possibly valuable coin like the pictures. Hold by the edges. Never clean. 
   Next.  Research, as your doing 😉, as weight, more pictures  and hang in there are some smart folks here. Gold not my specific area but cotton gloves or an old 100% cotton t-shirt for handling is a good start

google it and see what comes up. Good luck 😉🙀🦫

It is a $5 Liberty Head. Also called a Half Eagle. It is hard to tell from a picture gold is not easy to judge from photos' it is even hard in hand. 

On 4/17/2022 at 8:26 AM, J P Mashoke said:

It is a $5 Liberty Head. Also called a Half Eagle. It is hard to tell from a picture gold is not easy to judge from photos' it is even hard in hand. 

As stated above, a $5 Liberty Head but picking one of these up ungraded would make me nervous.  If that owner is local and you have decent business relationship with a reputable coin dealer I'd have the seller meet you there so it could get checked out if you decide to reconsider.