• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Gift of the Day
2 2

9 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, Rummy13 said:

WoW another nice coin

Well not really a nice coin. This SGS grade is way to high.  A nice gesture as a present. If I were to grade this coin it would not make it. I took some close up shots. It has contact marks and a struck through grease mark on the reverse.  

S20220408_0002.jpg

S20220408_0001.jpg

Very nice JP!  The westward series nickels are a nice set. 

I have a Dansco Type set album but there's no slot for these modern nickels.  I like these nickels so much, I created a custom page in the back of the album. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, tj96 said:

Very nice JP!  The westward series nickels are a nice set. 

I have a Dansco Type set album but there's no slot for these modern nickels.  I like these nickels so much, I created a custom page in the back of the album. 

Ya tj96 I like them also. I use the little blue Whitman books. It is hard to find good MS examples plus there are so many types 16 if you include the proofs of this set it is a killer for the registry set. 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Well not really a nice coin. This SGS grade is way to high.  A nice gesture as a present. If I were to grade this coin it would not make it. I took some close up shots. It has contact marks and a struck through grease mark on the reverse.  

S20220408_0002.jpg

S20220408_0001.jpg

MS70?  “I don’t care who y’are, that there’s funny.” 
image.jpeg.802ec2b777619658a5c20a03ad53901e.jpeg

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/9/2022 at 1:42 PM, Hoghead515 said:

That was a generous gift. There are some great people out there in this world. 

Ya the guy that gave me the coin has been a dealer for a while I have got quite a bit of stuff from him. He is like me, We both laugh at the  MS 70 is way off base but I will use it to show people what you don't want to buy.