• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civil War Gold
1 1

17 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, RWB said:

Highly biased account. Very skeptical. What's the objective story?

It’s 2022. No such things as objective stories. All there is are Wingnut Left story and Wingnut Right story. Objectivity doesn’t get clicks. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, RWB said:

Objectivity is present -- just not in this type of "drama" and bias. It requires patience and expertise to find the truth.

Or you can just text me.....xD

the FBI's dig for Civil War-era gold in Dents Run, Pa.   Actually, it's buried in my back yard.  Civil War buried gold!  :roflmao:

On 4/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, VKurtB said:

No such things as objective stories. All there is are Wingnut Left story and Wingnut Right story.

Yep.  They have been roaming the Hyner Mountain areas for decades looking for the 'Lost Prussian Castle" built on a high mountain top in Clinton County centuries ago.  Believe Lafayette slept there.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Believe Lafayette slept there.

I thought it was supposed to have been King Henry VIII ?

On 4/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, RWB said:

I thought it was supposed to have been King Henry VIII ?

Babe magnet of the British royals. 

On 4/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, RWB said:

Objectivity is present -- just not in this type of "drama" and bias. It requires patience and expertise to find the truth.

You won’t find it in any mass media format. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, Alex in PA. said:

the FBI's dig for Civil War-era gold in Dents Run, Pa.   Actually, it's buried in my back yard.  Civil War buried gold!  :roflmao:

Yep.  They have been roaming the Hyner Mountain areas for decades looking for the 'Lost Prussian Castle" built on a high mountain top in Clinton County centuries ago.  Believe Lafayette slept there.

What Im trying to understand. Is if they were taking it to the Philly mint, if I read it right, why would they go through the trouble to bury it if they were already up there close to it? I may have read it wrong. Sometimes I have to read something 3 or 4 times to get it to sink in. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/2/2022 at 8:57 PM, RWB said:

This in the "Big Foot" and "Yeti" category of nonsense. 

It's Bigfoot and he's been proven to be real.  Turns out he is Andre The Giant and is controlled by a super-race of aliens.....

Oh wait, sorry....that was an episode of "The Six Million Dollar Man" from 1976 !! xD

On 4/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, RWB said:

This in the "Big Foot" and "Yeti" category of nonsense.

Add some critical thinking and the "mystery" vanishes.

Anyone else find it ironic that TV programs that promote this kind of garbage tend to be on "The Learning Channel" and the "History" Channel"? No wonder Johnny can't read ... or THINK, or even think about reading.

Edited by VKurtB

Looked for Forest Fenn's treasure, August 2017.

Didn't find it after looking for 15-minutes out around the Lander - Riverton area of Wyoming, and this after driving up from Santa Fe.

Feeling silly there, alongside the East - West highway, so roughed in the polar alignment of the Questar 3.5" by dead reckoning, and just before noon turned on the clock drive.

Then, to take things really off the hook, removed the solar filter and stared directly at the sun… so did my brother-in-law, too.

After that it was, "Slow down! I see spots! The lines on the road just look like dots."