• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you think this is real?

17 posts in this topic

During 1922, the Lincoln cent was only struck at Denver mint. I'm going with  James as a struck through grease die. It looks real, and possibly would pass as a no "D" Lincoln cent.

This is what I would expect a 1922 No D to look like. If the obverse were sharply struck, the D would be there. 

The coin looks like it could be an authentic 1922 no D strong reverse, most of the markers are there.   However, I do not like the word TRUST on the obv, it should be much sharper than it appears in the photo.   And the color and surface both look wrong, which might be the photos, but because of those three things I would consider this a fake until it can be proven legit.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, Coinbuf said:

The coin looks like it could be an authentic 1922 no D strong reverse, most of the markers are there.   However, I do not like the word TRUST on the obv, it should be much sharper than it appears in the photo.   And the color and surface both look wrong, which might be the photos, but because of those three things I would consider this a fake until it can be proven legit.

I can’t even begin to include color into my analysis because of the magenta background and what is very likely auto white balance. 

I keep looking at the rim and it has the same look as the fields and that bothers me. Like someone sand blasted it to cover up or hide something.

On 3/26/2022 at 6:16 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I keep looking at the rim and it has the same look as the fields and that bothers me. Like someone sand blasted it to cover up or hide something.

Yup, the granularity is suspicious. But these are a specialty, and not one of mine. 

Thanks for all your input but my son said the only way to find out for sure is to send it in. Just got back from the Post Office and it's on it's way. I sent it with five other coins that I was sending anyway...so now begins the waiting period.

Thanks again for everyone's input.