• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If a coin is not in a plastic slab is it....

35 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, Woods020 said:

I was referring to reputable sources. Imperial or Rarcoa both sell rolls that are legit. 

Would they impact pricing ?  Are they mint quality or circulated ?

On 3/21/2022 at 1:06 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Would they impact pricing ?  Are they mint quality or circulated ?

I can buy them from BU down to VF. Or cull if you want. These aren’t original rolls which I don’t believe exist. They just buy a huge volume of silver dollars and gold. They will sell it to dealers individually or in rolls. But it’s just the quantity and in a tube, again not an original back roll. My point was that large quantities are readily available. 

On 3/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, Woods020 said:

I can buy them from BU down to VF. Or cull if you want. These aren’t original rolls which I don’t believe exist. They just buy a huge volume of silver dollars and gold. They will sell it to dealers individually or in rolls. But it’s just the quantity and in a tube, again not an original back roll. My point was that large quantities are readily available. 

The number of collectors -- the demand -- is often as important as the supply (pop census). (thumbsu

On 3/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, Woods020 said:

rolls that are legit.

Now that I can understand IF they are those US Mint wrapped rolls or other modern day coin rolls wrapped by legit banks.   :preach:

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

That's not surprising.  Anybody with certified coins probably has made separate arrangements that their heirs/estate should contact a specific person to sell them or that they should go to a dealer to sell them and not sell them at an estate or garage sale.

I’ve seen 1856 Flying Eagles and Mint State 1916-D dimes raw in auctions and local shows in central Pennsylvania. Both were verified as legit pieces by the LAST recipient of the Farran Zerbe Award. Many other so-called rarities too. The Lancaster / York / Harrisburg, PA area is awash in serious collectors with serious raw collections.

Five-figure raw coins don’t sell every week in Pennsylvania, but 8-10 times a year easily.  The Red Rose Coin Club has more expert collectors possibly than even the Chicago Coin Club does. It’s close. They certainly have higher attendance than Chicago does. 

Edited by VKurtB