• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NorthEast Numismatics ??

9 posts in this topic

As northeast is a dealer I do not expect that they are likely to pay you more that you can sell for at auction, either ebay or GC.   The only exception would be for very rare or highly desired coins, but even then I would be surprised if they would offer more than what such items would fetch in auction.   I personally have never had a dealer offer me more than I could sell it for through some auction venue, GC is very reasonable and if the coin sells for over 1K there are no seller fees.

Thanx for all of the input. I also only have good things to say about NorthEast concerning purchases :) Also thank you for the reminder that GC doesn't have seller fees over 1K :) I figured NorthEast would give me a dealer price because when  I asked for a quote about a year ago, and it was around 30% book;  but when I called today , I was told to send coins (at their expense) and they will give me a quote which I was not comfortable with :( I know they are reputable but why waste shipping cost ? Thanx again - I will stick with GC for selling and occasionally ebay LOL

On 3/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, ldhall said:

Thanx for all of the input. I also only have good things to say about NorthEast concerning purchases :) Also thank you for the reminder that GC doesn't have seller fees over 1K :) I figured NorthEast would give me a dealer price because when  I asked for a quote about a year ago, and it was around 30% book;  but when I called today , I was told to send coins (at their expense) and they will give me a quote which I was not comfortable with :( I know they are reputable but why waste shipping cost ? Thanx again - I will stick with GC for selling and occasionally ebay LOL

If they can get stuff for 30% under retail right now they have my utmost respect. Every dealer I talk to, from tiny guys like me to the big guys say they can’t buy anything right these days. The market is in such a frenzy dealer pretty much have to pay full retail and hope it’s up in a month. I try and be fair and offer 80% since I don’t have big overhead, and I can’t buy right now. If I can get it for 10% under it’s a good day. Bigger guys have more purchasing power so I’m not comparing myself to them. If it hits a wall, which I’m afraid it may do soon with this inflation, then a lot of dealers will have a bad year. Their inventory costs are huge right now. 

Edited by Woods020