• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the funniest/strangest thing you have seen at a coin show?
2 2

23 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2022 at 1:00 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Have you ever seen anything crazy at a coin show?

Actually I have. I saw VKurtB at a coin show!   Oh my.... I just couldn't resist.  Sorry Kurt....... obviously all in fun my friend.  You know my respect for you.  

On 3/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, GBrad said:

Actually I have. I saw VKurtB at a coin show!   Oh my.... I just couldn't resist.  Sorry Kurt....... obviously all in fun my friend.  You know my respect for you.  

Yeah but you didn’t see me in full pirate regalia in Atlanta for Treasure Trivia, did you?

On 3/1/2022 at 6:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Yeah but you didn’t see me in full pirate regalia in Atlanta for Treasure Trivia, did you?

Thank goodness I didn't see that......:smile:

People always leave their foreign change and even some American money gets spit out in the change machine lol. Hardly anyone checks that tray and the magnet under the lid that collects the metal ones is easy to knock them down into the return. I use all my collected Canadian quarters to do my laundry😂

On 3/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, GBrad said:

But (pun intended), is that some type of Pareidolia I'm seeing there?lol

It should be....

Butt (pun intended), is that some type of Pareidolia I'm seeing there?lol

:roflmao:

On 3/2/2022 at 10:42 AM, tj96 said:

It should be....

Butt (pun intended), is that some type of Pareidolia I'm seeing there?lol

:roflmao:

Yes, I forgot the extra T...

On 3/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, GBrad said:

Ok.... that is a good one TJ (not VKurt by the way...LOL).

Well, there's an open crack to TJ might be right.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, GBrad said:

I would consider that to be an extreme form of incuse PMD (Please Man, Dang!)

Yes, MAJOR circulation wear!!  😂 🤣

I own no Grateful Dead inspired shirts. Mostly dress shirts and golf / polo. And I own only one NFL jersey - a Nick Foles Super Bowl XLII one. 

I was referring to the guy to the right of the baseball cap guy… who's wearing the red shirt.  Looks a little like you, but I don't know because I've never met you.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:57 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

I was referring to the guy to the right of the baseball cap guy… who's wearing the red shirt.  Looks a little like you, but I don't know because I've never met you.

The place does kinda look like Dalton, GA. Coming up again soon. But all my attention is on Colorado Springs right now. 

It's not exactly funny, but I was at a big New York City coin convention in the 1970s that was in the basement of the Sheraton Park Central Hotel. A guy who looked like "His elevator didn't make it to the top" tried to steal a coin and run up the stairs with it. There was a big commotion, and he was tackled right away. 

And what was he trying to steal? A Proof silver Ike Dollar that might have been worth $25 at the time. Not exactly something that is worth going to jail for. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:17 PM, BillJones said:

....tried to steal a coin and run up the stairs with it...was tackled right away. 

And what was he trying to steal? A Proof silver Ike Dollar that might have been worth $25 at the time. Not exactly something that is worth going to jail for. 

Yikes.  I guess that big, chunky, shiny Eisenhower looked like One-Eyed Willy's treasure... sitting next to that old, crusty Chain Cent.