• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Eagle Spread Sheets

27 posts in this topic

I just made my own spreadsheet entitled coin collection with a current update date “=today()”showing all pertinent information, then on a second sheet within that workbook actual photos inserted by year, mint whatever order, then create a row in the first sheet with a hyperlink to the line number location of the related photo. Think about the organization of the photos as if you add lines, the hyperlinks you created will have to change.

I included number of coins, sorted by denomination and type, year, mint, type grade or estimated grade, purchase price, date, current value, other attributes, certification numbers, and photo hyperlink. If you PM me, I’ll send you a sample section of both sheets. Best thing, it’s free.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, Mark Jones 77 said:

I'm not very good with creating spread sheets, any help would be appreciated, I'm happy to pay for one that has every coin listed,

What is PM? Im new to all of this. 

Private message, if you hover the mouse on Bill's avatar you will see a message box.   Click that to start a private message session.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I just made my own spreadsheet entitled coin collection with a current update date “=today()”showing all pertinent information, then on a second sheet within that workbook actual photos inserted by year, mint whatever order, then create a row in the first sheet with a hyperlink to the line number location of the related photo. Think about the organization of the photos as if you add lines, the hyperlinks you created will have to change.

I included number of coins, sorted by denomination and type, year, mint, type grade or estimated grade, purchase price, date, current value, other attributes, certification numbers, and photo hyperlink. If you PM me, I’ll send you a sample section of both sheets. Best thing, it’s free.

I wish I knew how to do all that. I would love to hook my coin pics up with the spread sheet I made. I am not that computer Savey.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mark Jones 77 said:

I'm not very good with creating spread sheets, any help would be appreciated, I'm happy to pay for one that has every coin listed,

What is PM? Im new to all of this. 

Wow. “Every coin listed.” Good luck with that. Have you seen how incredibly thick printed catalogs are?

Edited by VKurtB

On 2/12/2022 at 9:32 PM, VKurtB said:

Wow. “Every coin listed.” Good luck with that. Have you seen how incredibly thick printed catalogs are?

VkurtB I have worked with spreadsheets for 30 years. Yes it makes a big spreadsheet but it is very handy.

my son was an Avid baseball card collector and I just finished logging 74,000 cards into an organized spreadsheet. That took me a few months.

I have a lot of coins and needed pictures and valuation documentation besides knowing exactly what I paid and where they are.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:53 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

VkurtB I have worked with spreadsheets for 30 years. Yes it makes a big spreadsheet but it is very handy.

my son was an Avid baseball card collector and I just finished logging 74,000 cards into an organized spreadsheet. That took me a few months.

I have a lot of coins and needed pictures and valuation documentation besides knowing exactly what I paid and where they are.

When did Excel surpass 65,536 lines?

On 2/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Rummy13 provide me your email address and I’ll try to put together some instructions and examples.

Bill

Thank you for the help, I think, you just gave me about 6 months' worth of work. :roflmao: But it will make my spread sheet better.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Rummy13 said:

Thank you for the help, I think, you just gave me about 6 months' worth of work. :roflmao: But it will make my spread sheet better.

Yes, software is cheap. Data entry is expensive. Whether in time or treasure. 

On 2/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, VKurtB said:

well the data entry time of adding just pics to my coin spread sheet is about five mins each. I already have the pics and the spread sheet, just have to move and add. I know I am slow, but I am going to try a couple hours a day of it.

Are you looking for something like this?

OpenNumismat

Description

OpenNumismat is a handy and reliable application aimed at coin collectors, numismatists or amateurs looking to create a numismatics collection.

With OpenNumismat, you will be able to organize and manage coin collection: create an advanced catalogue of your coins, wish and selling lists, view statistics for your collection.

Main features

• More than 80 customizable fields to describe the coin:
    • Features
    • State of a coin
    • Emission details
    • Buy, sell, pass on auction information
    • Prices and catalog numbers
    • Address and point on the map
  • Up to 11 photos of a coin (insert image from file, clipboard, download from the Web at URL)
  • The grouping, filters and sorting to facilitate the retrieval of coins in the catalog
  • Generate and print reports, saving as HTML, PDF, MS Word
  • Export customized lists as MS Excel, HTML and CSV
  • Duplication of coins to quickly add a similar coin
  • Batch edit coins
  • Built-in image editor
  • Statistics
  • Ability to add and customize the lists to display the required data
  • Does not require additional software to work with a database
  • Import coin, banknote, stamp info from Colnect, an online collectors community
  • Importing existing collections from:
    • Excel (with images presented as links in source file)
    • Colnect (from lists and directly)
    • CoinManage (required Microsoft Access Database Engine, Microsoft Access or any other software with ODBC Microsoft Access Driver)
    • Numista
    • Collection Studio 3.65 (from a export format XML Table)
    • uCoin.net
    • Tellico
  • Support languages: English, Russian, German, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Hungarian, Portuguese, Greek, Czech, Italian, Catalan, Dutch, Bulgarian, Latvian, Swedish, Persian
  • Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, macOS and Android. OpenNumismat Mobile for any browser, including mobile (iPhone, Android)
  • Detailed user manual
  • Suitable for other collectibles, like stamps, banknotes, postcards, badges. And also for organize home inventory

Download

The latest version: OpenNumismat 1.8.13. Release date: 28 December 2021

On 2/14/2022 at 4:52 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

In the 150 year history of MLB, there have been approximately 20,000 players.  Why on earth would you need more than 65,536 lines??  

I think VkurtB has around 80,000 coins so he would have to have more lines and a lot of time to enter them. :roflmao: 

I know if I start entering coins in a program it is going to cut into my coin hunting time and that is tough enough. :/ 

Yes, software is cheap. Data entry is expensive. Whether in time or treasure

VKURT would need a secretary ..and staff

On 2/14/2022 at 4:52 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

In the 150 year history of MLB, there have been approximately 20,000 players.  Why on earth would you need more than 65,536 lines??  

Well when you have up to three hundred of the same player, it multiplies fast.8AD1CE77-010B-464F-A656-AF0EA10AB73D.thumb.jpeg.05921e532d4c98fbb12829a5da6a21a4.jpeg

On 2/14/2022 at 11:05 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Well when you have up to three hundred of the same player, it multiplies fast.8AD1CE77-010B-464F-A656-AF0EA10AB73D.thumb.jpeg.05921e532d4c98fbb12829a5da6a21a4.jpeg

Yea, but not if you did a different tab for each year, player's name in the rows, and brand in the columns.  Plus I see you have multiples of the same card listed on separate rows.  

On 2/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

Yea, but not if you did a different tab for each year, player's name in the rows, and brand in the columns.  Plus I see you have multiples of the same card listed on separate rows.  

I didn’t want to combine them as I was logging them as I sorted bins out. To combine them would have taken a lot longer. Glad I am done with them. To bad they are not worth anything (I’m told by many mass buyers) the ultra pro top loaders are worth at least 5c each and there are nearly 40,000 of them. Still like new. As are the cards.

sad testament to any type of collecting.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I think VkurtB has around 80,000 coins so he would have to have more lines and a lot of time to enter them. :roflmao: 

I know if I start entering coins in a program it is going to cut into my coin hunting time and that is tough enough. :/ 

Actually, it’s probably closer to 110,000. 

On 2/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, Mark Jones 77 said:

I am looking to catalogue my 3-400 graded eagles, any advice on where to get a spread sheet? 

I think Macy's still has sheets and comforters on sale. They should be easy to spread.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:32 AM, RWB said:

I think Macy's still has sheets and comforters on sale. They should be easy to spread.

So this is it, huh? When we were selling PC’s in the late 80’s as something for a housewife to lose her recipes by damaging a floppy disc, THIS is where it REALLY was all going? Spreadsheets, or better yet, DATABASES for coin collections. Who knew? Ever watch smaller dealers at a show? Virtually none have computerized inventory. Why would a collector feel compelled? 

Edited by VKurtB