• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven
1 1

22 posts in this topic

We can see the 7 redie is what likely left the 5 with its pressure point die chip.
#1 Is 1957, #2 is 1957D.
1957D does not have the applied serif tip 7, but still has the remaining outer 7 and die chip 5.
The 1957 has the serif tip died over another front and the tip is doubled, plus the remaining outer 7 and die chip 5.
The evidence being on two working dies is a requirement for a Class 7 modified hub doubled die.

#1 is the first 3 pictures

#2 is the 4th picture

Screenshot_20220124-134122_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-133725_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-133744_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-134211_Photos~2.jpg

What are you even trying to say?  Like I said in your other post, you're off to a very bad start here.......I cannot make any sense out of what you typed.  It's completely incoherent.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, Mohawk said:

What are you even trying to say?  Like I said in your other post, you're off to a very bad start here.......I cannot make any sense out of what you typed.  It's completely incoherent.

He has good pictures though!  xD

On 1/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, Mohawk said:

I would suggest you, and everyone for that matter, not waste your time on this nonsense, here is a quote from Fred Weinberg on the very same seven thread that he posted on the PCGS forum the same time he was busy spamming this forum.

"I spent a good amount of time, years ago, trying to explain to Mr. Lahti that
what he kept on emailing me was just numismatic pareidolia, and
also metal flow, contact marks, toning, etc. etc. etc., and that he was not
finding anything of any even minor significance.

He never once thought that maybe he was 'looking to hard' finding
his strange anomalies. He's a believer in what he sees on his coins.

His six (6) posts here, since he became a member, illustrate why,
finally, I had to just ignore him and delete his emails to me without
reading or responding to them - about 4-5 years ago.

He is not interested in what anyone else says about his 'discoveries/research'."

This guy is only interested in spamming this and other forums with his visions.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, Coinbuf said:

I would suggest you, and everyone for that matter, not waste your time on this nonsense, here is a quote from Fred Weinberg on the very same seven thread that he posted on the PCGS forum the same time he was busy spamming this forum.

He is not interested in what anyone else says about his 'discoveries/research'."

Good to know, Coinbuf.  Time to add Robert to the ol' Ignore List, where he belongs.  Thank you for sparing me a ton of aggravation and annoyance.  Robert should go chat with SlickCoins, who has sadly returned yet again.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, Coinbuf said:

Good to know, Coinbuf.  Time to add Robert to the ol' Ignore List, where he belongs.  Thank you for sparing me a ton of aggravation and annoyance.  Robert should go chat with SlickCoins, who has sadly returned yet again.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:00 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya know I love a good DD as much as the next guy but some of these new ones are just out in left field. If you can't see it in your hand it is not even going to pay for a cup of coffee. and that's that :makepoint:

Yep.  Exactly.  And I don't think he has a doubled die at all.  I think he has a bad case of pareidolia.  He's good at photos, though.  I gotta give him that.

Edited by Mohawk

This thread has served its intended purpose though. 18 responses thus far from one incoherent paragraph and a few pics. 

@tj96 I still contend trolls have a gift for getting more responses and feedback. Not quality attention but quantity. I have tried to show restraint and just move on when it’s clearly troll bait. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:15 PM, Woods020 said:

This thread has served its intended purpose though. 18 responses thus far from one incoherent paragraph and a few pics. 

@tj96 I still contend trolls have a gift for getting more responses and feedback. Not quality attention but quantity. I have tried to show restraint and just move on when it’s clearly troll bait. 

So true, Woods.  I'll quit now, too.  

On 1/24/2022 at 8:00 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya know I love a good DD as much as the next guy but some of these new ones are just out in left field. If you can't see it in your hand it is not even going to pay for a cup of coffee. and that's that :makepoint:

Amen brother! (worship)