• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Post.........
2 2

50 posts in this topic

Welcome TJ . I also started collecting when I was doing my paper route many years ago. You will learn something new here every day,  I know I do.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, tj96 said:

.... I've been known to break coins out and fill holes with them. :grin:  

This is first mention of this type of "strategic vandalism, in reverse," I have ever heard of. Decapsulation, or guilty, with an explanation.  You will do very well here. Welcome!   🐓 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:47 PM, tj96 said:

EDIT: HELP!  I'm at the bottom of this thread and there's nowhere to post an entry.

Hey guys-  Is there a reason I can't post? I'm logged in but there's no place at the bottom of my threads to post an entry.  Am I doing something wrong?

This is crazy!  I just received this.....484075146_ScreenShot2022-01-15at1_50_18PM.thumb.png.fb88c5b27c532ce89c4b34f49919b2f3.png

🐓:  Hey Quintus!  I am not a soothsayer, but I definitely see this blue warning sign in your future.

Q.A.:  ️ Noted. Thanks for sharing. (And if tj96 reappears, Welcome to the Forum!) 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:38 AM, Hoghead515 said:

I knew soon as I seen it. That was one of my favorite movies back when I was a kid in the late 80s and early 90s. lol 

AWESOME ON YOU, HOG!!! I already knew you were a cool, great guy, but you've risen to even higher esteem with me, my friend.  Which is hard to do since I already hold you in very high esteem :) 

Edited by Mohawk
Yet another Typo from Mohawk.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:46 PM, Mohawk said:

AWESOME ON YOU, HOG!!! I already knew you were a cool, great guy, but you've risen to even higher esteem with my, my friend.  Which is hard to do since I already hold you in very high esteem :) 

You never believe this. After seeing that post I watched Gremlins part 1 today. lol. It was on Netflix. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:28 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Welcome TJ . I also started collecting when I was doing my paper route many years ago. You will learn something new here every day,  I know I do.

I forgot to mention that I was an early starter, too.  I found a 1947 Maple Leaf Canadian Small Cent in my change from the school cafeteria when I was eight and then I was off to the races......

On 1/15/2022 at 9:55 PM, Hoghead515 said:

You never believe this. After seeing that post I watched Gremlins part 1 today. lol. It was on Netflix. 

Oh that's just AMAZING Hog!!! I know what the fiancée and I are watching in bed tonight lol.  Would you believe that I still have my Stripe action figure from when I was a child?  I totally do.  He lives on my work desk.

I can't believe it, I'm back.  What's that about?  Newbie's only get a certain amount of posts?  :frown::frown:

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 1.50.18 PM.png

I honestly don't know but I can only surmise your initial post set off a flurry of exchanges that may have overwhelmed Moderation's ability to process.  You're in, welcome back! :roflmao:

On 1/16/2022 at 11:23 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

I honestly don't know but I can only surmise your initial post set off a flurry of exchanges that may have overwhelmed Moderation's ability to process.  You're in, welcome back! :roflmao:

So that's why the back of my computer was smoking!!  xD

On 1/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, tj96 said:

Maryland at the moment but I'm from N.Y.

LOL! Can’t figure which is the frying pan and which is the fire. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:23 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

So that's why the back of my computer was smoking!!  xD

With all the positive welcome feedback's from you guys and see veteran in your avatar blocks, I know I'm in the right place.

Then I looked closer and realized it's not military, it's seasoned veteran on this forum.  Oh well, still glad to be here!

On 1/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

This is first mention of this type of "strategic vandalism, in reverse," I have ever heard of. Decapsulation, or guilty, with an explanation.  You will do very well here. Welcome!   🐓 

It's easy!  :grin:  I broke this one out to complete a circulated walker set.

IMG_1338-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_1336-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_1337-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_1339-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_1340-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_1341-ccfopt.jpg

🐓: Holy cow, Q!  The new guy not only confessed to the crime, he taunts us with evidentiary photos of the device used in its commission!

Q.A.:  I am going to let him slide on this one. For well nigh two years I have been trying to ascertain the formal name of the tool used by graders in decapsulations and have been deflected at every turn:

Kudos to the OP for finally providing a credible answer!  😉 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

For well nigh two years I have been trying to ascertain the formal name of the tool used by graders in decapsulations and have been deflected at every turn:

It's called a vice.  :roflmao: