• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Porcelain coin collector
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, Oldhoopster said:

I opened this thread thinking it would be about German porcelain notgeld. 

pnonmeissen.thumb.jpg.fabf3cfbe278fd75186eaa93522fa062.jpg

IMG_20200330_141114_kindlephoto-185365523.thumb.jpg.85a7817db52e98b5de48d1cf8b854042.jpg

I was honestly expecting the Japanese porcelain coins from the very end of World War II myself.  Though I guess, technically, they aren't porcelain but baked clay.  The porcelain name has stuck, however:

Japanese Porcelain Coins — Collectors Universe

On 1/4/2022 at 6:53 AM, Zebo said:

Here’s another I found on eBay that sold some time ago. I do not like it as well, but still related.

0C21EC0D-03DC-4065-AA84-8C95F47A7037.jpeg

That guy is holding a cellphone in his left hand and is busy tapping it with his extended right forefinger, and I defy anyone to tell me differently!  Porcelain, si; Numismatic? Not by a long shot. (Sorry, OP).

The Hanukkah gelt, modest Sanskrit posturing and Chinese clay tablets from the Ming dynas --

-- Gentle reader... kindly disregard my musings. I forgot we're in mixed company.   :makepoint: doh! :facepalm: (worship)