• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patches
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hey howdy 

Its sure interesting. There’s a collector for every coin, it’s been said 😉

I don’t think it’s of high value but eBay has been known to surprise us with what things sell for. I would put it in a home slab or nice plastic 2x2 and learn about it. You’re on the right track for information 🐈

Nice find, errors like this do have a value but the condition of your coin limits that to maybe $10 at the most.   The real issue is finding buyers, most collectors that like and collect this stuff would rather find it themselves (as you did) than pay for them.   But it costs nothing to list it on ebay, throw it up with a $15 BIN and see if you get any action or offers.

I'm with the others...definite lamination.  The coin likely does have some value, but the condition is pretty poor.....the stains and the environmental damage are going to limit the price to, likely, a few dollars.  I'd say it's one of those coins that's worth what someone will pay for it.  Coinbuf's suggestion to throw it on eBay with a $15 BIN is a good one but I'd suggest one thing: make sure to add that you'll accept offers on the coin.  You'll be much more likely to sell it if you do so.