• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MS 65T
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2022 at 12:53 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I wasnt aware of that. Im a fairly new collector.  Thanks for the info. Ive got a couple I bought from a local pawn shop last year that are very lovely coins. The holders are scuffed up very badly. Looks like the previous owner or shop owner was very abusive to them. Id like to send them in to get scratch resistant holders. I put all my others in protective sleeves and keep them in storage boxes. How much does it usually cost to reholder one? Not including the shipping. I got a couple more Im gonna send to have graded. May send them all in at the same time. 

I see that reholder is 13.00. I was of the understanding that a reholder submission automatically gets a scratch resistance holder but looking at their Services and Fees I can't tell for sure. Looks like a raw submission allows for an upgrade to scratch resistant but you could call for clarification. Submissions require yearly membership (mine is just an associate level membership).

On 1/2/2022 at 11:05 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@numisport

Actually, I did not know that, but it makes sense.  And complicating matters is NGC's European outpost and the fact that submission forms evolve and expire continually.

Last submission for me just a month ago was a crossover done online and my coin number was in the 5XXXXXX generated by them. Strange part is that recent coin numbers are in the 6XXXXXX.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, numisport said:

Last submission for me just a month ago was a crossover done online and my coin number was in the 5XXXXXX generated by them. Strange part is that recent coin numbers are in the 6XXXXXX.

But your previous observation rings true. Members, myself included, still have a few old submission forms but I cannot use them as they carry an expiration date, one years' hence.