• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1801 triple struck ( 111888000111 ) ???
2 2

14 posts in this topic

9 inch Revere Ware Saucepan.. Not sure where to post this??? Does NGC certify and slab such amazing rare items?? Thank you in advance for your expertise help.. Screenshot_20211220-184255_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52ce0a3b7eea305fad164da53b71893f.jpg 

Edited by Errorists

On 12/20/2021 at 9:50 PM, Oldhoopster said:

I used to work for the company that owned Revere Cookware and made many trips to the plant in Clinton Illinois.  Now all the stuff is made overseas.  BTW: the QA dept would not consider this a nonconformance unless the date code (not pictured) was illegible.

I don't think they make Revere Ware anymore..

On 12/21/2021 at 12:48 AM, Just Bob said:

Too bad. That was some good cookware at one time.

I would love to see the slab that this piece would fit.

No kidding.....that'd be quite a slab, I have to say!! And, sadly, this is the first I've ever heard of Revere Ware.  I had to look it up.  Looks like some good cookware, though.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:41 PM, Mohawk said:

No kidding.....that'd be quite a slab, I have to say!! And, sadly, this is the first I've ever heard of Revere Ware.  I had to look it up.  Looks like some good cookware, though.

Yes grew up on this cookware in the 60's and 70's. 

To the OP:

Can't allow you, or JB, to steal my thunder so I'm going to go out on a limb here for you.  You're no doubt familiar with silver bars embossed (bas relief) with the name ENGELHARD, right?  Now you wouldn't need to certify it because that name, that "hallmark," speaks for itself.  Weight, purity, dimensions are there for all to see.

REVERE WARE serves the same purpose. That's an instantly recognizable trademark.  I, Quintus Arrius, resident rank amateur, do hereby certify your product as the real McCoy and, armed with my trusty thirty-power, stand fully behind my opinion -- and waive all fees.  😉 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

To the OP:

Can't allow you, or JB, to steal my thunder so I'm going to go out on a limb here for you.  You're no doubt familiar with silver bars embossed (bas relief) with the name ENGELHARD, right?  Now you wouldn't need to certify it because that name, that "hallmark," speaks for itself.  Weight, purity, dimensions are there for all to see.

REVERE WARE serves the same purpose. That's an instantly recognizable trademark.  I, Quintus Arrius, resident rank amateur, do hereby certify your product as the real McCoy and, armed with my trusty thirty-power, stand fully behind my opinion -- and waive all fees.  😉 

Paul Revere would be proud for sure.