• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two new Indian Head Cent submissions getting ready to send in

20 posts in this topic

I'm thinking 66 Brown on the 1886 and a 65-66 Red on the 1898. The two small carbon spots on the 86 or I would have a real shot at a 67. The strike color and luster on this coin looks much better than the only 67 brown NGC graded close to 20 years ago in a magnified look I saw of it sold on a Heritage auction in my opinion. The strike is prooflike. This 1898 proof Indian is another I am submitting. Great strike and color. Near flawless. I'm thinking a 66 Brown on this one too. Anyway I have a pic of the only 67 1886 Type one NGC has graded. I just don't see the same quality as mine. I would think the blotches and a few small hits would be more of an annoying than two pin sized spots. My probably biased opinion of course  

IMG_3492 (2).JPG

IMG_3496 (2).JPG

lf (7).jpg

lf (14).jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Ron, if these are the coins from the other thread...send 'em in and let us know when they are graded.  It will answer ALL questions and provide some good back-and-forth on the results.

Good Luck !  (thumbsu

Yep.  Time to just send them in, Ron.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Are these the same coins that were going to be sent in in August???  Where you said the carbon spots would not bring the grade down past a 67?  

:roflmao:

Yep.  They're the very same coins and the very same guy.  He needs to just send the damned things in and stop trying to sell his grading views to everyone once again.

Are you legitimately asking NGC to do for free, what their business is based on (grade coins)? Suppose they give you an opinion from the pictures, which is the best anyone could do, and when you actually pony up to get them graded they were lower than the opinion from pictures? You would be yelling from the roof tops about a massive conspiracy. If you want them graded submit them. I promise NGC will be happy to grade them. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, Mohawk said:

Yep.  They're the very same coins and the very same guy.  He needs to just send the damned things in and stop trying to sell his grading views to everyone once again.

It’s really going to be a bad day if that 1898 comes back questionable color…… Time will tell 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, Woods020 said:

It’s really going to be a bad day if that 1898 comes back questionable color…… Time will tell 

If that's the case, then I think it's going to be a bad day for ol' Ron.

Send 'em in. Yes, it'll be the source of many a sleepless night while they are away from you, but all the "sales job" in the world on this forum will not change their grade one iota. The only reason to hold them now is to get more coins together to spread out the fixed costs. I do that all the time.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:37 PM, VKurtB said:

Send 'em in. Yes, it'll be the source of many a sleepless night while they are away from you, but all the "sales job" in the world on this forum will not change their grade one iota. The only reason to hold them now is to get more coins together to spread out the fixed costs. I do that all the time.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, Mohawk said:

If that's the case, then I think it's going to be a bad day for ol' Ron.

589049398_IMG_3971(2).thumb.JPG.b5f6f20ff94fb0d0426fb02e1fac373a.JPG

IMG_3973.thumb.JPG.96a9f8f5858679bcf79abbe8025b5a5f.JPG589049398_IMG_3971(2).thumb.JPG.b5f6f20ff94fb0d0426fb02e1fac373a.JPG589049398_IMG_3971(2).thumb.JPG.b5f6f20ff94fb0d0426fb02e1fac373a.JPG

Well if thats the case this 66 Proof Brown 1885 NGC must be questionable color too. Its a bookend to my 98. I was hoping to get someome who was into Indian Heads when I got away from the water cooler bunch but I guess you guys are all over the place. I have over 100 UNC Indians and have been real busy. I see the insults are non  stop here. Finding anyone on here that specializes on Indian Head Cents seems to be impossible I guess. Indian Proofs of the purple blue tone is very common. If you go on Ebay right now there are two dealers that have plenty of them up for sale. They probably sell more graded NGC coins than anyone on ebay. All I can say is I hope you guys aren't graders for them. It kind of looks like you would be a little bias the way you have been treating me I probably won't have a chance. I have sent many coins into NGC and PCGS in the past and have about an 85% grading avg. Anyway. If you have some copper to view let me have a crack at them. I will be very honest too. Ha ha 

On 12/16/2021 at 4:02 AM, Ron Smith said:

Well if thats the case this 66 Proof Brown 1885 NGC must be questionable color too. Its a bookend to my 98. I was hoping to get someome who was into Indian Heads when I got away from the water cooler bunch but I guess you guys are all over the place. I have over 100 UNC Indians and have been real busy. I see the insults are non  stop here. Finding anyone on here that specializes on Indian Head Cents seems to be impossible I guess. Indian Proofs of the purple blue tone is very common. If you go on Ebay right now there are two dealers that have plenty of them up for sale. They probably sell more graded NGC coins than anyone on ebay. All I can say is I hope you guys aren't graders for them. It kind of looks like you would be a little bias the way you have been treating me I probably won't have a chance. I have sent many coins into NGC and PCGS in the past and have about an 85% grading avg. Anyway. If you have some copper to view let me have a crack at them. I will be very honest too. Ha ha 

I NEVER GRADE COINS FROM PHOTOGRAPHS, EVER! NO ONE SHOULD!

EVER!

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, Coinbuf said:

What is the over/under on how many threads Ron will start on this coin without ever sending it in.hm

I don't know....that's going to depend on if he wants to try to steal the record from SlickCoins or not, I think.