• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RP Innovation Dollars
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Did anyone end up purchasing the reverse proof innovation dollars also. I went ahead and got one to keep the set going. Ive got all the proofs and reverse proofs so far. Wonder why the combined them them this year. I liked them better when they were in their own box with some cool little stories behind them. That makes it really cool for kids. Do you reckon they will combine them all together from now on?  Hopefully not. Polish_20211109_173002604.thumb.jpg.22943d25b46f6a347260c8e46f4f9c2f.jpg

Don't know HH, I agree that the individual envelopes are nice. I thought I saw some of the 2021 RP's in envelopes though, maybe they just haven't released them all yet. (shrug)

I'm still dragging my feet on the Silver Proof Set, and I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on that one. Less coins and more money. I will though, to keep my nephews' set going, get him one every year, but as soon as he turns 18 he might get cut off. lol

On 11/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Don't know HH, I agree that the individual envelopes are nice. I thought I saw some of the 2021 RP's in envelopes though, maybe they just haven't released them all yet. (shrug)

I'm still dragging my feet on the Silver Proof Set, and I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on that one. Less coins and more money. I will though, to keep my nephews' set going, get him one every year, but as soon as he turns 18 he might get cut off. lol

They have them all together in 1 set this year. 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, Hoghead515 said:

They have them all together in 1 set this year. 

You're right HH, I took a look over at the Mints' website and the one I saw was the 2020 South Carolina coin. Maybe they'll have a delayed release for the 2021's, but probably not.

I’m on enrollment to get these. Just got my order confirmation the other day. I assume it saves them a lot of money putting them all together in one set. Less packaging. Seems like they are doing that to a lot of things these days. 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:13 PM, Lem E said:

I’m on enrollment to get these. Just got my order confirmation the other day. I assume it saves them a lot of money putting them all together in one set. Less packaging. Seems like they are doing that to a lot of things these days. 

Yup, subscription. I decided I’m all in for all of them. It was that or none, and I was on the 2016 Mint forum committee that recommended this series. 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, VKurtB said:

Yup, subscription. I decided I’m all in for all of them. It was that or none, and I was on the 2016 Mint forum committee that recommended this series. 

Thank you for helping recommend these. I really like this series alot. They are a fun series to collect. Im gonna go ahead and sign up for an enrollment for them. 

Hi Hog!

Well, unsurprisingly, the ancient coin/Egyptian Gods guy did not end up ordering a set of these.  I've got my eye on working to complete my Egyptian Gods 2 oz rounds right now, so that's where my collecting money is going at the moment.  I think I need 4 more rounds to have all of the different rounds and different finishes, so I'm close.  If you dig them, which you seem to, I'm glad you got a set.  That's the most important reason to buy anything in this hobby, I think, and I love seeing someone buy something just because they like it!

I got in at the beginning and will continue with the series. They don’t get a lot of love but I like them. I will admit I like the regular proofs better usually. With the reverse proofs, the design gets a little washed out. The designs really pop on the proofs though. The telephone coin is my favorite so far.

Edited by Lem E

Somehow I got suckered in on these and now I just have to keep the set going.  Like you I have the proofs and reverse proofs for each year, but I am not complaining about the combined set, since to me the extra packaging wasn't worth a 50% premium in price, $44 for the combined 4 coins last year vs. $28 for the complete set.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:29 PM, Lem E said:

I got in at the beginning and will continue with the series. They don’t get a lot of love but I like them. I will admit I like the regular proofs better usually. With the reverse proofs, the design gets a little washed out. The designs really pop on the proofs though. The telephone coin is my favorite so far.

LemE, I think so too, I have the entire P,D set. Just got the latest one put in the book about a week ago. They aren’t proofs but all MS. I like the series because it’s historical and interesting designs. There than just heads on a coin, these are fun and inexpensive to collect. They won’t ever amount to much, but I have an extreme dislike for the Pres dollars, so for me to like these, it takes something extraordinary.

D9F846FB-2BB0-4E61-9A69-932DA17960A0.jpeg

On 11/9/2021 at 8:39 PM, jtryka said:

Somehow I got suckered in on these and now I just have to keep the set going.  Like you I have the proofs and reverse proofs for each year, but I am not complaining about the combined set, since to me the extra packaging wasn't worth a 50% premium in price, $44 for the combined 4 coins last year vs. $28 for the complete set.

I agree about the packaging. I have some of the mint storage boxes that hold the proof sets that I have been keeping these in. Now I won’t have to keep finding room for the individual reverse proof coins. The price is a lot better now as a set too and I’m ok with that. I just hope they don’t get too crazy with the prices in the future. They are cool coins but they are what they are. I hope they will stay relatively cheap. 2032 is a long way away. There is potential for some Mint shenanigans. 

Thats the only bad thing about the packaging in my opinion. Takes up alot of room. I really enjoyed the cool facts they had wrote on the individual packages. What inspired the coin. Been cool if they would have put a small card or something in with the 2021 combined coins that had the cool facts about what innovation inspired each coin. My kids really liked those. It got them more interested in each coin. They do take up the room for sure tho. 

Edited by Hoghead515