• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info on this 1947 S Penny

10 posts in this topic

Not being a coin collector I have no idea what I'm looking at however I do know that there is a 1947 S penny that is highly sought-after. Can anyone please examine this pemny and let me know if it's anything I should pursue? Thank you in advance have a great night.

CM211023-215951007.jpg

CM211023-215940006.jpg

CM211023-215930004.jpg

Highly sought after by whom exactly? A quite common date. And not in top condition. 

The coin you have is worth $.01, would you care to elaborate on just where you found this bit of information on 1947-S US cents being worth big money and highly sought after.   I have been a cent collector myself for over 40 years and I do not know of anyone that considers the 1947-S cent as highly sought after.   I caution you to be carful with the youtube garbage, those guys would not know highly sought after from junk they are after clicks not the dissemination of good information.

"Esty" has a lot of nonsense values for pocket change. That seems to be the most common place to find such things.

Your 1947-S cent is circulated and damaged. It has no collector value.