• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994D Jefferson Quarter

9 posts in this topic

It's either die deterioration doubling (my thought) or mechanical doubling.  Both are very common and neither are considered errors by most collectors.

If you try to learn the difference between true doubled dies (the die was made incorrectly) and these very common forms of worthless "doubling", it will save you a lot of time and frustration.  Here is a link with some good info

https://www.doubleddie.com/144801.html

Hi Cecelia!
In looking at your quarter, I believe that you have what is called mechanical or machine doubling.  This kind of doubling is not considered collectible.

Sorry the news wasn't better!

Hey... No Worries - we all start somewhere, and I make typos too.  I'm just glad you didn't call her Hillary!

I do have to compliment you on catching that quarter.  I found one last year and still have it.  It was unique enough to same for the G-kids in a cardboard Coin Holder with a note on the other side.

God Bless, and keep a sharp eye out for the good ones.

Chris

On 10/18/2021 at 11:45 AM, Cecelia R. Valverde said:

Would this be considered a DD ?

Mon Dec 10 16-02-01 (2).jpg

Mon Dec 10 16-02-01.jpg

Mon Dec 10 16-05-23.jpg

Mon Oct 18 09-23-30.jpg

Mon Oct 18 09-26-46.jpg

Mon Oct 18 09-27-37.jpg

No.