• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey NGC, this site is completely broken!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, VKurtB said:

And this is why people who run mission critical software are usually the very last to “upgrade” software. 

Until failure, never an option, suddenly becomes a reality.  We live in a society that, having forgone routine preventive maintenance, resigns itself to fighting fires 🔥 instead.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, bsshog40 said:

My login also kept taking me to the registry page. Mark told me to log out of the registry page and then try to log back in to the forum. Worked great after not being able to log in for a few days. 

Yes.  Log out of the home page then, you can log into the chat forum.  Otherwise, you get caught into a continuous loop that gets you nowhere.  The same thing is happening on the CGC forum.  The techs are working on a fix.  

UPDATE:  After being able to come here directly and staying logged-in (presumably a "leftover" from a formal login in an Incognito Chrome Tab) for the last week or so....today I had to login manually...and got caught in the Registry Loop. 

So I had to open another incognito tab and login there.  Went perfect again.

I'm not an expert on temp files, cookies, and all that ....but it clearly seems to be some bug between this site and some browsers like Chrome.   If this site underwent a software change a few months ago, that would probably explain it.

[This is yet another reason why I ❤️ the NGC Chat Boards. My most recent banishment coincided with an outage which I promptly reported to Dena assuring her I was ready, willing and able to do my penance and serve it with distinction.  She honored my "request," I served my time, and returned only to discover I was never missed. The membership sure knows how to hurt a guy!   :makepoint: doh! :facepalm:   😉 🐓 

On 12/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

..today I had to login manually...and got caught in the Registry Loop. 

When this happens, logging out and logging back in has been working for me. (Microsoft Edge browser)

@Just Bob

That's one of the benefits of never logging out... and being a chiffonier (which my wife forbids me to practice).

If my wife permits me to go to NYINC, I will wear the same formal wear I wore at our wedding, her sister's wedding -- and her late mom's viewing. Only 3x. Otherwise, I look unremarkable.

I don't lock windows, doors or phones. I refuse to. I guess I'm just lucky. I Iove this place.

(What's that?... ol'hoopster's been spotted?... Better go now! Love your tokens!)

I have noticed something that is happening with logging into the chat boards. I have had the issues of logging in and being logged into the registry but not on the chat, and logging out of the registry and back in was working. What I just now noticed is if you check the “remember me” box before logging in, it will not log you into the chat. If I don’t check that box, it will work. Just putting that out there.

@Lem E

I am truly sorry, as a member, to hear of your operating difficulties as I appreciate seeing your latest acquisitions and mergers (your collaboration with BH to bring out in photos the very best attributes of your coins). Personally, I don't care for user names, PINs, security codes and passwords that "require," i.e., dictate,  I use a minimum of 8 or 12 letters with or without punctuation marks.  I drew the line with one private mint that demanded a16 number-charcter-upper case-lower case combo, and refused to do further business with them. The secret of my success is simple: I never log out. NGC graciously undertakes that procedure, unasked and free of charge, when I misbehave.  😉 

Should I win the PB, I pledge to NGC Administration that I will remedy that, and any other glitch, gratis. 🐓 

On 1/5/2022 at 5:48 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Lem E

I am truly sorry, as a member, to hear of your operating difficulties as I appreciate seeing your latest acquisitions and mergers (your collaboration with BH to bring out in photos the very best attributes of your coins). Personally, I don't care for user names, PINs, security codes and passwords that "require," i.e., dictate,  I use a minimum of 8 or 12 letters with or without punctuation marks.  I drew the line with one private mint that demanded a16 number-charcter-upper case-lower case combo, and refused to do further business with them. The secret of my success is simple: I never log out. NGC graciously undertakes that procedure, unasked and free of charge, when I misbehave.  😉 

Should I win the PB, I pledge to NGC Administration that I will remedy that, and any other glitch, gratis. 🐓 

I don’t log out either, but every time I turn around I am logged out of the chat. Sometimes I am logged out completely. 

Edited by Lem E

On 1/5/2022 at 7:05 PM, Lem E said:

I don’t log out either, but every time I turn around I am logged out of the chat. Sometimes I am logged out completely. 

Hopefully, someone reading this can offer a suggestion.  Be sure to bring this problem directly to the attention of the chat board administrator!

On 1/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Hopefully, someone reading this can offer a suggestion.  Be sure to bring this problem directly to the attention of the chat board administrator!

This thread has been ongoing for almost 3 months with the primary concern being randomly logged out of chat (as LemE described) and not being able to log back in. I still get dumped out every 3-5 days.  I think the chat board administrator is well aware of the problem. 

BTW: Members have also posted a work around, so I'm not sure what other suggestions would be useful short of a software fix.

Interesting note: the software problem was even discussed on another TPG site when a member here couldn't log back in and asked for help.

Hope this helps clarify things

Edited by Oldhoopster

VIEWER DISCRETION!

🐓 :  No more than ninety-nine posts per day?

Q.A.:  And, a curfew... I'd complain, but who'd listen?

🐓:  Why can't you just admit you've ruffled a few feathers, again, and Moderation slapped you with a 3-point Warning!?

Q.A.:  I never did trust you, Rickey.  You [Roosters] talk too much!

🐓: Intermittent log-in problems?  If not me, who?  If not here, where? If not now, when?

Moderators:   (worship)