• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The coin collector HSN and ASE
1 1

49 posts in this topic

Coin Collector  on HSN guy is selling twenty thousand that’s right 20,000 800x500 coins boxes of MS70 ASE ty1 and Ty2 for $299.95! He is warning that they are going to sell out. This is what I dislike most about coin collecting. Ok the FINAL 400 boxes of Ty1 and the FIRST 400 boxes of Ty2. These are monster boxes so what would be the percentage of MS70 could he get from NGC ?   😡 how does this guy get 10% of all those minted?

Market grading , he sends a lot in that keeps grading companies busy in a favor return they give him a bunch 70’s …. All 70 grade is market hype grading nothing else, if anyone believes there is some magic behind 70 grade ? I feel bad for them , so be it … the 70 grade is becoming more and more common now 

I kept watching, (for some reason) . He’s now selling the same set is MS69 for $179.95. The sales girl said hurry because we’ve already sold nearly 500 sets. I get it he hedges the investment in 800 boxes figuring some percentage will hit 70, the rest surely would be 69, so he covers his cost plus!

On 8/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

r  on HSN guy is selling twenty thousand

MIKE TTHE HUCKSTER!!!  you gotta love his .. if you dont have one you are issing out!!!  attitude............  he has been a shishter since the begining

MY wife always yells at me when i have the coin Vault on or the "Rare" collectables tv show on....  i just want all of you to hear her right now so i will sayt this just once....Wife says  "Why are you watching those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons... You know you are not going to buy anything from them..they are just carnival pitchers"

JT says... "well i like to watch the cartoons before bedtime..........."  :)

On 8/30/2021 at 11:51 AM, Jason Abshier said:

Just imagine if Billy Mays the oxyclean guy if he selling coins on TV “BUT! wait theres more!!!” I used get so tired of hearing him even if I was in another room I could hear his oxyclean commercials all time it was so annoying 

He reminds me of Mr. Haney off Green Acres. 

On 8/30/2021 at 4:10 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Ive got 5 mystery snails. I enjoy watching them. I got some fish also i love to watch. Polish_20210830_040930639.thumb.jpg.af54af8b268584be0337fa887d35e4b9.jpg

Mystery Snails are deeply cool.....I wish ours had done better.  However, when we were told that they could live with bettas, they didn't factor in Hisako's breed.  He's a Plakat, which is the breed that they actually use to fight in Thailand and Cambodia.  So he's literally the Siamese Fighting Fish.  As such, he is massively aggressive and territorial...even more so than other betta breeds.  We've had other bettas before, but Hisako is our very first Plakat.  We started with two Mystery Snails.  Hisako was fine for a few days and then he flipped like a switch was thrown....he killed and ate one snail and started punting Barry (the one we named after Chappell) around with his head like a soccer player!! We got Barry out of there, but it was too late....Hisako had already damaged him too much.  So, lessons learned: do NOT keep Mystery Snails with Plakat Bettas and no more roommates for Hisako whatsoever!!

Edited by Mohawk

On 8/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Tank cleaning day 🤓🙀. Cat wants to help 😂

555B8B51-583B-4435-8515-B1FB57BFE56D.jpeg

Great tank James!!! I love it!! You and I actually have the same kind of heater......though I doubt your fish hit it with their heads and knock it off the wall like my Hisako does.  I also love your plants....they're very beautiful.  I'm considering live plants myself, actually.  I do have a marimo moss ball currently (with small betta fish head sized dents in it from Hisako's raucous "playing"), so I'm kind of wondering how live plants will go with him......well, it can't go worse than the Mystery Snails did!

Heres my favorite fish. Glass catfish. I got a 55 gallon tank. Ive got a few in it. Its sitting right by my couch where i can watch them until i fall asleep. Also my African Dwarf frog. Polish_20210830_171545540.thumb.jpg.e4e04a0a5d3a38ea1e91931c601b23e7.jpgPolish_20210830_171528702.thumb.jpg.a1b02c63269872288ba05a5a427f333a.jpg

Love your fish, Hog and James!! And your frog as well, Hog.  I love those little frogs.....but I'm not going to provide Hisako with another murder victim!!! I was going to get a picture of Hisako for you guys.......but his light bar crapped the bed tonight!!  Now, we've gotta figure out how to replace it.....it's built into the tank lid......this should be fun!

On 8/31/2021 at 7:30 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Andy and Tyler got in on the action last night 🤓🙀

F637DA20-4185-4C72-B669-1C3E33C3C072.jpeg

This product brought up a question, which I’m going to post on Ask NGC also. Has anybody seen this with the two 2021 quarters?

I wish whoever is in charge of releasing information and renderings of products would stop with the games and release info on the limited edition set. There’s one place that the quarters are going to be but because it’s super secret we wait 😈.  The uncirculated set is posted and the gold eagle is posted. They have to know that the listing says S&W mint Marks with out clarification. Sorry I’m rambling 🙀