• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,209 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2023 at 5:04 PM, ldhair said:

Image_0427.JPG

Image_0430.JPG

The strongest strike I have ever seen of this type coin.  (thumbsu

On 5/13/2023 at 6:17 PM, Sandon said:

1795 Flowing Hair dollar, 3 leaves, BB-27, B-5, NGC graded XF details due to some old tooling that strengthened a few hair strands. This is my favorite coin!

1795FlowingHairDollarObv..thumb.jpg.d9a90b9e4e1750832e2ccdc03ea99f98.jpg

1795FlowingHairDollarrev..thumb.jpg.9a4f99ddc77e6810b37cd55010d1cef9.jpg

Photos courtesy of Stacks Bowers Galleries.

A childhood friend of mine had one of these. He referred to it--I don't know if they still do--as a scrawny eagle. Details? Maybe the poor bloke was unlicensed.  (shrug)  Very nice example!

On 5/15/2023 at 9:09 PM, Sandon said:

1866 Liberty Seated half dollar, ANACS graded XF 40:

1866HalfDollarobv..jpg.e583ffde516f0edf4d0e9029cb7a013f.jpg

1866halfdollarrev..jpg.4cd76ef7ab7089517adcca741d2e4855.jpg

Photos courtesy of Stacks Bowers Galleries.

...very decent coin for the grade, wasnt sure if u purchased it or just referencing it, finding nice unaltered original seated halves in xf/au grades is not easy most r undervalued cept for a few dates in the 1850s n 1870s, the 1860s r replete with scarcities...a diff series to complete as r the quarters n dimes....

On 5/16/2023 at 9:50 AM, zadok said:

wasnt sure if u purchased it or just referencing it

FYI, I own the coins whose photos I have posted on these chat boards.  I give Stacks Bowers photo credits when I use their catalog photos.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:16 PM, Sandon said:

FYI, I own the coins whose photos I have posted on these chat boards.  I give Stacks Bowers photo credits when I use their catalog photos.

...i thought so, u have posted some very interesting coins, have a good eye for whats worth the money to buy n none ive seen that u posted r problem coins...i always try buy coins that speak for themselves n need no explanations, u seem to do the same....

On 5/16/2023 at 1:49 PM, zadok said:

....i always try buy coins that speak for themselves n need no explanations, u seem to do the same....

Exactemant.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, R__Rash said:

Something in the way she moves…………

IMG_3507.jpg

Setting aside for a moment my deeply-held views against counterfeits and copies, by whatever name known 🤣 I nevertheless would have no problem accepting at face value in change the lovely Walker look-alike as exhibited in the lower right hand of the trifecta, yes, even absent a view of the reverse, sight-unseen, solely on the basis of the declaration, "Silver Round," as set forth on the bottom of the obverse. Nice piece!

On 5/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Setting aside for a moment my deeply-held views against counterfeits and copies, by whatever name known 🤣 I nevertheless would have no problem accepting at face value in change the lovely Walker look-alike as exhibited in the lower right hand of the trifecta, yes, even absent a view of the reverse, sight-unseen, solely on the basis of the declaration, "Silver Round," as set forth on the bottom of the obverse. Nice 

counterfeiting is a large piece of why the eagle cries. The coin is about the size of a quarter.

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg