• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
5 5

2,419 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2024 at 1:19 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Legit question:  Did you send the coin to them raw?  This has to be the largest seismic jump in elevation ever achieved in a cross-grade, anecdotally, in the absence of official record-keeping. Good for you!

Since NGC does not crossover ANACS coins, I always crack them out and send in raw. I guess I should not use the term crossover since that's not what I'm doing.

On 7/11/2024 at 3:28 PM, jimbo27 said:

Since NGC does not crossover ANACS coins, I always crack them out and send in raw. I guess I should not use the term crossover since that's not what I'm doing.

Thanks for the Clarification.  I seriously doubt anyone else can make a credible claim to having duplicated or superseding your feat re gradeflation!

On 7/19/2024 at 9:02 PM, ShinyObjects said:

2017 Austria Silver €20 Maria Theresa (Justice and Character)

20240719_192400.thumb.jpg.b58e7ce7799e6cafcd2cf2b7d245015f.jpg20240719_192419.thumb.jpg.10c169ec4f949f709f9ee09dd12dcb65.jpg

This is the epitome of the engraver's art! Look at that luscious detail! Even a triple rim! I wonder what book that is and to what page it is opened to? If you magnify Lady Justice, and follow the line of her left arm and hand, you will see what appears to be a face intertwined within the branches of the tree. It's too bad half the people on this Forum are unable to make out the date, rendered appropriately, in Roman numerals. (shrug)  Note to @Sandon : I would be willing to bet my well-earned lack of a reputation that this coin, above all others, comes closest to the flawless perfection the grade MS-70 should ideally represent, in your eyes.  :whistle:

On 7/21/2024 at 9:09 PM, Henri Charriere said:

This is the epitome of the engraver's art! Look at that luscious detail! Even a triple rim! I wonder what book that is and to what page it is opened to? If you magnify Lady Justice, and follow the line of her left arm and hand, you will see what appears to be a face intertwined within the branches of the tree. It's too bad half the people on this Forum are unable to make out the date, rendered appropriately, in Roman numerals. (shrug)  Note to @Sandon : I would be willing to bet my well-earned lack of a reputation that this coin, above all others, comes closest to the flawless perfection the grade MS-70 should ideally represent, in your eyes.  :whistle:

Thank you Henry. I am glad you enjoy it as much as I do. I have others stored away somewhere when I find them I will.post them.