• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin added seems to be in another user database

12 posts in this topic

I just acquired a new coin for my collection, but seems it is still inside a previous owner collection. I can't added it to mine. How can I do it? Is there a place to ask this for?

The previous owner will get an email from NGC saying that you want to add the coin to your collection.  They can either release the coin, at which point you will be able to add it to your collection, or they can ignore the email.  If they ignore the request, you will have to wait 3 days (I believe it's still 3 days) to add the coin.

If by some odd chance the previous owner is still claiming ownership, well then that's a whole other can of worms, one I have never encountered.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:22 PM, BETO RIOS said:

I just acquired a new coin for my collection, but seems it is still inside a previous owner collection. I can't added it to mine. How can I do it? Is there a place to ask this for?

Hello, 

Please provide the certification number and we will review our transfer request queue.  Thank you.

On 7/30/2021 at 4:52 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

The previous owner will get an email from NGC saying that you want to add the coin to your collection.  They can either release the coin, at which point you will be able to add it to your collection, or they can ignore the email.  If they ignore the request, you will have to wait 3 days (I believe it's still 3 days) to add the coin.

If by some odd chance the previous owner is still claiming ownership, well then that's a whole other can of worms, one I have never encountered.

Thanks Morpheus1967 for the insight. Seems no info on the process is available on the site, and this info shed light on it. 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, Maribeth - NGC Admin said:

Hello, 

Please provide the certification number and we will review our transfer request queue.  Thank you.

Thanks. The certification number is #2846951-002

On 7/30/2021 at 10:23 AM, BETO RIOS said:

Thanks. The certification number is #2846951-002 .

Thank you for the information.  This coin is listed in our transfer request queue dated July 29th.  Below is our transfer policy.

There is typically a 3-day wait time for transfers to be processed. An automated email is sent to the previous owner to approve the transfer. If the previous owner approves, or if no response is received after 3 days, the coin is automatically transferred to you.

In rare cases when the previous owner disputes the transfer, an NGC Registry representative will conduct an investigation and contact both you and the previous owner.

Many sellers use stock photos to represent the coins that they are selling. In this case, the certification number of the coin that you receive may not match the coin shown. Please wait until you have a coin in hand before entering it into the NGC Registry.

• Administrator
On 7/30/2021 at 5:52 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

Thanks, Morpheus, as always, for your help! :golfclap:

On 7/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Maribeth - NGC Admin said:

Thank you for the information.  This coin is listed in our transfer request queue dated July 29th.  Below is our transfer policy.

There is typically a 3-day wait time for transfers to be processed. An automated email is sent to the previous owner to approve the transfer. If the previous owner approves, or if no response is received after 3 days, the coin is automatically transferred to you.

In rare cases when the previous owner disputes the transfer, an NGC Registry representative will conduct an investigation and contact both you and the previous owner.

Many sellers use stock photos to represent the coins that they are selling. In this case, the certification number of the coin that you receive may not match the coin shown. Please wait until you have a coin in hand before entering it into the NGC Registry.

Just to let you know that after three days the coin appeared in my personal collection. Thanks again.

Maybe this is not the correct forum but the closest thing I can find. Question is "why do some coins entered into my collection manager state NO PRICE"? 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, G man said:

Maybe this is not the correct forum but the closest thing I can find. Question is "why do some coins entered into my collection manager state NO PRICE"? 

Welcome, in the future please start a new thread, it can get confusing when different coins/issues are discussed on one thread.   I do not work for NGC but if you can please provide an example (the cert number of a coin you have with this issue) it will be much easier to provide you with any reasons why you see this.

• Administrator
On 8/6/2021 at 11:19 AM, G man said:

Hello and welcome!

Any future NGC Registry questions can be posted separately by logging in to your account and clicking here: 

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/forum/5-ngc-registry/?do=add

For questions about prices in the NGC Registry/inventory and other valuable information, please click below.

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/forum/51-ngc-registry-help-and-instructions/